Text Operations (collab w/ getrithekd, wip, dont click or edit please)

The precision of variables is 17 places.

1 Like

So combining two trimmed numbers to get an untrimmed one?

yeah and you can add as many trimmed segments to form an untrimmed one so it might be possible to extract digits from it and do it again.

Basically lists?

Ok, so then how do we extract the later digits from a large text number? The the back is what gets trimmed, so how do we only trim the front?

maybe you could divide it by 10s ^ digits from 17 by setting the variables to get an untrimmed number and find the numbers from the number places or just split it into multiple segments that use variables using the modulo formula on the main number (not changing the main number itself)

Using mod on the number will trim the number before the mod operation is performed.

however if gimkit rounds the smaller numbers then it wouldn’t work for the first solution.

I meant using separate variables that copies the main variable and then use modulo (i’m going to test this solution)

2 Likes

If subtraction or division works, then we might be able to do stuff with the text.

As far as I can tell, the big annoyance is that the number is trimmed when it is converted.

1 Like

Yeah. So it won’t work.

I think there is still possibility, because as teapot said, the numbers could be stored in text, then loaded into smaller chunks using mod and abusing trimming.

1 Like

Rip, the theory didn’t work, I tested it and it seems like gimkit rounds it up before processing the mathematical operation, time to convert it into binary counters or smth

Wow, this guide really has progressed a lot since it was created. Amazing job, both of you!

2 Likes

I think addition doesn’t work because it is using the variable like a text and basically doing the same thing as the Create text with block.

Yeah, it seems like addition uses the same function for combining text.

All the weird operations follow JS rules- so “abc” + “def” = “abcdef”, just like in js.

3 Likes
Summary

Congrats on become a regular!

1 Like

This is a cool guide.
Bump!

1 Like