Text Operations (collab w/ getrithekd, wip, dont click or edit please)

Mega guide… anyway, we need to implement base 72, decimal places, and rule the world.

4 Likes

Wait a minute, if we set a property with a number over the digit limit using blocks, would it bypass it?!?!?!

I think that it would just set it to 999999999999999. I didn’t count the nines.

For that, we just replace the 100s with 72s.

I tested it.

1 Like

10 can never be a factor of a power of 2, so the precision is 17 digits at the front.

1 Like

Wow, I haven’t checked on this guide for a while. You guys made a lot of work in that time! Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

OMG I just found out that you can still use numbers that are combined with the “Create Text With” function like you can use math operations on another number with the conjoined numbers (if there are no text in the numbers)
Screenshot 2023-10-24 8.51.00 AM
Screenshot 2023-10-24 8.51.22 AM

Edit: HOWEVER this works very weirdly with addition
Screenshot 2023-10-24 8.55.47 AM
Screenshot 2023-10-24 8.56.09 AM

Yeah, behind blockly is Javascript, which has it’s weird type conversion stuff. But hmmmm… this might be able to be used to store WAY more data!

There are also other applications of this, for example, here is an XOR gate that only passes if only one of the inputs (a, b) is true.

Hmm yeah this could be used in a ton of ways, such as more efficient appending and other operations to reduce lag or more checking systems.

I’m checking to see if this works to store and use 128 bit numbers.

Can you just set the text to a times b?

Yeah you can for more block efficiency such as only showing the value, but if you want the value to be kept you have to use a variable or property to store it.

Ok, I’m able to perform operations on a 128 bit number, but there are some accuracy problems, I’m going to test a bit smaller.

1 Like

Bad news… blockly auto simplifies numbers like this when they are converted from text to number:

2 Likes

But wait, if we just combine the numbers, gimkit doesn’t actually round it up, maybe if we recreate the math system using our own number system we could actually transcend gimkit’s boundaries?

Maybe, but we would need to make a number system for that. I can’t even think where to start on that.
And what do you mean gimkit doesn’t actually round up numbers when combining?

By combining, I meant “create text with” and inputting numerical values, gimkit doesn’t actually change or mess with it’s precision in any way unless you use a math operation on it.

1 Like

When converting text to numbers, you have to do a math operation on it, which trims the number…

I was thinking of getting a seperate variable that copies it and trims it down and applies it to the main variable.

1 Like