Team picking in a 4-team game

I want to have a 4 team game, and I have zones for the player to choose their team. I want a countdown when everyone is in a team spot, and then the game starts. How would I go about doing that.

Team switchers connecting to counters, which countdown. Make the counters transmit on notification so you can see the numbers as they go down i think? i hope this helps you. Good luck with your game! If this doesn’t work, just say so, I’m sure there will be a better solution later!

2 Likes

How would I make the counter start going down when everyone is in a team choice though?

Hmm. Maybe … I don’t know. Maybe have it countdown from the beginning, so they have a limited amount of time to choose a team

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Horses_Are_Awesome !! To mention users by name, do the @ symbol and then their username.

Ty @The_7th_Dragon !! Ok, ty! I am happy to be here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Make a player counter. Each time someone goes in the zone, increment counter A. Each time they leave, decrement it. Connect it to a property. Use a checker to check if this property is equal to the player counter property. If so, set all the players speed to zero (so they can’t change), and start the timer.

2 Likes

Oh don’t worry, I’m only the first to welcome you, expect at least 3 or 4 more people doing so :)). Also be sure not to off topic post, since new users accidentally do so often.

1 Like

Where would the player counter come from? I know that I could count how many players are in zones, but I don’t know about the total amout of players.

You could probably use this guide:How to make a LIVE player counter 🟨

3 Likes

It doesn’t even need to be live, if you make late joiners spectators. Lifecycle → relay → counter (increment) linked to property.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums, @Horses_Are_Awesome!!!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @Horses_Are_Awesome!

1 Like

I’m just going to sum this up with one response because it wasn’t a great summary in any of the others.

You have a property for each zone that changes for the player to see if you are in that zone. Then when the number of players in any zone (updated how @ClicClac said) is equal to the total number of people, you run block code. The block code checks if you are in a zone, and if so it changes you to that team. Then you have the team spawners where you want that team to spawn.

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.