String of notifcations

Hi, i posted about this before but I really didn’t get proper help.

what I mean by a string of notifcations as, like notifcations talking to the player.

ex: NOTIFCATION 1(hello)
NOTIFCATION 2 (wassup)
NOTIFCATION 3 (ayo)

and so forth.
for some reason notifcation don’t connect…
anyway thanks in advance

1 Like

How are the notifications sent? What device sends them?

1 Like

A notifcation device

1 Like

Can you put the entire problem? I didn’t go to the first post.

1 Like

I don’t know what you mean? The entire problem do you want me to explain my map and my exact problem?

1 Like

Just the setup.

1 Like

What device triggers the notification device?

1 Like

A lifecyle ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

1 Like

okie basically I want to have a string of notifcations like talking to the player for example.

Life cyle (game start) → send a notifcation → send another one → and another

1 Like

Wire the lifecycle to a trigger with a 1 second delay, as well as to the first notification. Then copy the notification and trigger, and wire the first trigger to the second one, and to the second notification. Then repeat this until you’ve done all your notifications. (obviously, after copying the notifications, set the text to whatever you want.)

This is what it should look like:

The settings of every wire should be one of these, depending on what devices it connects:

Hope this helped! If it did, mark this as a solution by clicking this button on this post:
Screenshot 2023-09-30 7.14.01 PM

Also, note that this string technique can work with almost any device in the place of the notifications, from activating a line of sentries to teleporting you forward for a zipline or dropper or many other things!

4 Likes

does the player need to step on the trigger for the notifcations to be sent?

2 Likes

What will trigger it then?

If you want another one to pop up when the current one closes, just make the trigger delay five seconds, or whatever the notification duration is.

2 Likes

No, and you should make the triggers invisible and not triggerable by player collision.

1 Like

okie thanks i’m marking it a solution

3 Likes

You can also use wire repeaters instead since they take less memory

3 Likes

so instead of using triggers use wire repeaters?

2 Likes

Yeah, do that, I just realized that. They do the same thing as triggers, except they only work with wires.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.