Standardizing Difficulties

It was mainly removed because in theory- as @Blackhole927 says- no guide is worth 11/10.

Ok, that makes sense.

0/10 is really just useless sense that just means that the guide has no difficulty and maybe isn’t even considered a guide!

2 Likes

The original system had thresholds, right?

I don’t know at this point.

1 Like

diffculty or rateing also got decided because of the typing here an example

We are rating the guide’s difficulty, not the system’s difficulty.

1 Like

Well, there are different ways to write a guide.
Instructions
Steps
Pictures
Explanations
Conceptual
Theoretical

These need to be considered first before evaluating the difficulty.

I think that conceptual and theoretical are the same thing. Also, the ratings would assess how easy each category is, regardless of the guide’s structure.

1 Like

Well, @getrithekd, I feel like if the guide provides no explanation then it’s hard to rank. Or if it only uses pictures/words. What I’m saying is you can’t compare packing your lunch and riding the bus.

Explanation of what?

1 Like

here let me help you out @Cameron_Sharer ok so look @getrithekd if there nothing typed in a guide then you can’t rate the steps which make it hard to rate.

and if there no steps how are you able to do it? just do what the pic says?

If the guide nothing, then yes. But if it only has pictures, then you still rate it. It would just be harder than the actual mechanism.

1 Like

ok here re read this again

this was also added in the rateing

see where i getting at here? if there no steps yeah sure you can still rate it with the pics but how would you be able to do it correctly without steps? espcially if you a new gim.

Aren’t we both saying the same thing? We should rate how easy it is to make the thing the guide guides you on, based on both the difficulty of the mechanism and the effectiveness of the communication.

1 Like

;-; i saying that if you have

or all it easier to rate becuase u can easily understand if it long an require code it a different story but if you have like what one or two of em it could be harder to understand or rate because u might not know what to do in it or how to do it. but if it just very easy then it very easy to rate unless it a lot to code and stuff

So a guide without those gets a higher difficulty, and a guide with those gets a lower difficulty.

1 Like