Should I make a GKC game as a memorial?

By memorial, I mean a memorial to all of the GKC forum OGs that have been leaving recently. Other than myself, I can only think of a few OGs still active.

Of course, I wouldn’t dare to advertize a game or code on here, I’m just looking to see if the community thinks this is a good idea.

• Yes
  • No
0 voters
13 Likes

You can do whatever you want on the GKC, just dont advertise your game and code.

I think it would be a lovely and amazing thing to do since you took time out of your day to honor all of the OG players that have been leaving

6 Likes

Nice. Asking the community allows you to help get opinions and helps you get into the community more.

7 Likes

Thanks! Though as I’m an OG, but was offline the last few months, I need to get back into the forum more - I missed so much, like the Wix site being made and its creator retiring.

7 Likes

For the memorial, if it is a map, you could have stations, that give trivia about them for points.

4 Likes

That’s a great idea! The goal is a map, but I may also create a page in memorium on my blog (the link in my bio).

3 Likes

I am sad though, I am new, as my profile picture shows. Sad OGs are leaving.

4 Likes

@Blizzy is back though!!!
and @Haiasi posts more, so that might be a good sign…
Oh and @Magenta_Dragon, @Frozen_cursor , and @Argo77 also post more now.

7 Likes

@Blizzy’s back? Yay! He’s a founding OG like me - I’m ecstatic that I’m not the only one left.

@Frozen_cursor and @Argo77 are from the 1st week, so they’re also founding OGs, but @Magenta_Dragon joined months later (though Magenta_Dragon’s still great at using GKC!). @Haiasi’s also an OG (and a true pro)!

@Frozen_cursor, even though they can’t reply, has hearted this. Luckily, he’s still here!

12 Likes

I am glad people are coming back too!

5 Likes

Does anyone know how long the website we are in has been here? Like a month?

4 Likes

The GKC forum has been here since May 25th. Before that there was a different forum that only The Ancients can remember (and there’s only 1 or 2 left still on this forum).

3 Likes

Also, where is your blog?

4 Likes

Cool game idea!
Maybe it could be a racing-type game where as you progress through the game, the theme changes to fit different eras of the forum. (I was only here since early June, went inactive and made an account in July, this one.)
Or maybe even a dungeon crawler where as you progress, there are bosses deocrated to fit different eras of the forum, different levels and stages that have a theme dedicated to different eras of this forum.

9 Likes

Yes, just a game to celebrate this forum and OGs like @Gimkit101.

4 Likes

Aww, thanks! I like your idea of memorializing the different eras of the forum, too, @Haiasi! What would the different eras be?

3 Likes

Is anyone happy that one way up physics is coming to gimkit creative? That could be used in the map too.

4 Likes

Quick question, how many maps have you made @Gimkit101?

4 Likes

Good idea! How would I include physics, though?

2 Likes

8 - only 5 I published. If u go to the link in my bio, and go to the blog page, you can find a list of games I made.

1 Like