Shield Can Limit

Tell me how memory affects this.

gameplay might get buggy if you use more memory

No it won’t.

More memory roughly means the gameserver had to do more work, so the most likely bug from high memory would be a disconnect.

To be clear, that won’t happen either, since gimkits memory limits are set low enough to prevent a disconnect due to high memory.

2 Likes

Vinegar is more prestigious and abrasive than water, but functions the same with oil.

And accidentally add an if statement to the source code?

Which is why I said it only works well for specific games.

1 Like

You could use an IIM to detect when a shield can is used and activate a heath granter. Obviously, it’s nowhere near perfect, but you could just do this and update your map later when they change the limit to be more versatile.

2 Likes

unstable on the forums is crazy

3 Likes

What do you mean by that? It didn’t make sense for me.

scientist call things magic when they don’t understand them. And because we don’t understand what the issue is, we just label it as a bug, a thing we don’t understand.

@WolfTechnology , have you gotten a reply from Josh?

Not so far, hopefully tomorrow :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I am pretty sure this is in the actual Gimkit 2d gamemode They have this in all the gamemodes they must’ve just forgot about changing it for GKC. They might have had the limit on their dev GKC and Im guessing they copied all the code from that and put it into our GKC in May. They probably forgot to remove the limit from our GKC.

The thing is, we haven’t know whether or not this is a bug yet. It just seems misleading that the shield can limit is 50.

yes, i think that too expecially since the map options device now shows up in layers.

I just remembered about the forum Youtube video…

2 Likes

This looks like the devs didn’t know this exists (which is another way to say it’s a bug)

It’s just when people see a random bug topic, they immediately say “Just reload”

lol so true. Anyways, try contacting the Gimkit Nolt.io. Maybe they can help.

Ooo cool video. Good work on it.

2 Likes