Shdwy's Lag Machine! (high memory)

Let’s say you want to make the game lag. For some reason.

Well, I have the thing for you! Using recursion and a bunch of sentries, we can cut lag for a second or two, depending on the scale of the machine. All you’ll need is a trigger and a sentry or sixty.

First, let’s make the trigger recursive.

Then, we set the sentry to deactivate and activate on the channel that the trigger sends out. This should run on 600 channels in a single click, meaning our machine is already set.

If we place down a benchmark system (just a property continuously increasing connected to a text device displaying it), then when we run the lag machine, we’ll the the benchmark stutter, and if there’s enough sentries, it will rubber band you back!

Any more lag machine ideas? Lemme know, and I’ll add 'em to the guide. Thanks, and have a good one!

NOTE: props can also be used for this effect, with much less memory, but they are also VERY iffy and quite buggy, leading to bursts of spontaneous lag seemingly randomly. I love technical gimkit.

shdwy out.

17 Likes

nice guide! also if ur wondering why peeps want to make a lag machine its usually to get rare useful bugs that could help in game

1 Like

That’s a lot of uh, channels heh.

2 Likes

Yeah, things like sentry bullet cutdown are useful. Sentries are already glitchy as heck, so adding lag would make them even better.

also @TaigaBiome yes, its 2x the recursion limit :smiley:

2 Likes

Great guide @Shdwy!

true sometimes the boss sentries i make dont fire upon players after doing a barrier defense and only attack at point blank after the barriers are down

GUYS I jUST MADE MYSELF INVINCIBLE

LAG + SENTRIES IS A WONDERFUL THING LOL

4 Likes

Nice guide!

What else could we use for tick suppression?

Five million more sentries? :rofl::rofl:. But we could use more triggers too…

lol

OOOH ok so laser beams are also very good for split second suppression.

i feel like there’s something other than lots of activation and deactivation that we could do, but idk

maybe concurrent recursion?

YEP CONCURRENT WORKS LOL

1 Like

What if we made the memo INSANLEY high first?

Wdym the memo
memory?

also how would that change anything if it was memory

what do you guys mean “memo memory”?

im asking what fire means by memo.

Ok, after testing relay vs trigger recursion, they seem about the same. Relays are cheaper tho

15 sentries is enough for a good 2-3 second burst. VERY high memory :frowning:

2 Likes

Because it would be more stuff for gimkit and the computer to handle. Causing some trouble.

Interesting…

I’ll check it out.

i do want to make sure you know though, there is a threshold where the game just crashes. I’ve hit it a couple times. If you’re stacking props, you also just gotta be careful about how many you stack, cus after about 500 your map gets hardlocked.

1 Like

Thanks this will be very fun to try!

2 Likes

This so cool! Looking forward to testing.

Ok, 6k memory worth of looped checkers also produces a respectable amount of lag…