Servers, would it be possible?

Something like among us servers?
We can have someone generate a code for a room in-game
then have people j0in that lobby using a code in-game?

Even if a running server was possible to implement, [1] It would go against both the gimkit and forum guidelines.

So no, I don’t think that it will ever be put in or used, although it could be possible.

I think that we should close this topic. It is a big if, and it is kinda against the guidelines.

1. I’m not saying that it’s not possible ↩︎

3 Likes

Kinda in a way

Like a game that never closes and the host can leave

1 Like

misclicked the solution button lol

yeah

You can unmark solution, if you need to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did

here’s the problem: server lifetime

you can’t just run a [gimkit] server for like 5 days and not expect the rest of gimkit to be laggy

6 Likes

I would consider it devices because it is more of a concept.

Also is yay or nay devices? It’s hard to tell.

1 Like

may

1 Like

???

1 Like

may as in maybe

3 Likes

good morning america it is now time to clarify

7 Likes

Basically, when I say anything is possible, I mean anything within the sandboxed world of Gimkit. It’s not possible to escape gimkit and make an international game server like in minecraft that anyone can join. You can’t transfer people from game to game like that.

And of course, making games that do that would be against Gimkit’s Creative TOS. This could probably be done with modding or something but that would require a lot of work that I don’t think a lot of the modders who might have the capability to do it can provide.

In the end, the "It’s not impossible” topic is meant to be an inspirational message, but it doesn’t always apply. While it’s true there is absurd level of things you can do in GKC, it’s not possible to do everything. My post shouldn’t be used as the hard proof that anything can or can’t be made- it’s just inspiration.

Hope this helps!

8 Likes

It should be devices because it’s a concept and doesn’t apply to a specific map.

We should close this. It goes against the TOS, and like BH said, we’re probably not getting anywhere with it

3 Likes

In this, I hope Gimkit adds Hubs as a feature!

Alright, it was just a what-if type of question

Okay, thanks for clarification

Inspiration is the most powerful thing in my opinion

It sure did help thanks!

2 Likes