Selecting a random team with hide and seek and attaching a waypoint

Hello! I’m making a challenge map with hide and seek, and the teams are in duos, but I can’t figure out how to make the relay pick a random team and then use a speed modifier with it.

Any ideas? I know there’s posts on specific teams but random teams are different.

Selecting a random team with hide and seek and attaching a waypoint - #16 by NavyCatZ Thanks to NavyCatZ for answering! However, is there anyway I could hook up a waypoint (or two waypoints) to the relays?

1 Like

What do you mean?

you can use a relay every person on a team wire it to the speed mod

and in map set it to 2 teams split even

1 Like

I’ll let @Vortex-Mist handle this one.

2 Likes

wait did mine not work?

idk mine was random

1 Like

wait i think i answered wrong

1 Like

i think they want even teams

1 Like

Ok, I don’t get that @Vortex-Mist. Wouldn’t you just use the lifecycle to broadcast to a trigger that uses block code to broadcast a random interger 1-2, and a relay recieves that message for team one when receiving 1, and when receiving two, both are set to the respective specific teams, and goes to the speed modifier?

2 Likes

you want to have players on a random team right?

1 Like

They are trying to make one of the teams have a speed upgrade.

1 Like

lol im sorry im so tired 2day lol, i realize how unclear that was

2 Likes

wait @Here_to_help alr answered, why am i still typing

2 Likes

@creative, If you test one and it works, don’t forget to mark that as a solution!

2 Likes

sorry i was busy i’ll test it rn

1 Like

but the teams are split into size so idk how many teams there are

Would setting the relay to “random player” then connecting it to a relay set to “all players on my team “ work?

6 Likes

I’ll test it either tomorrow, Monday, or Tuesday.

2 Likes

Yes it would, thanks! Is there any way I could attach a waypoint to both though? I’m assuming I need two waypoint devices, but what would I hook them up to?

Well, if there’s a waypoint on the seekers team, then that includes the random player. One waypoint should be good enough.

1 Like

Can you mark my answer as a solution?

Sure! Is there any way that you know of, hoever?

1 Like