[RESOLVED] Implementing an Among Us voting system

I need some help on making this : / Help would be appreciated!
Edit: Marking this guide as resolved since there is already a help post about this.

1 Like

I will make a V2 of my voting system once I figure this out.
Edit: Nevermind, someone is already making a guide on this : /

If you want to divide people into crewmates and imposters, then I got it.
Get a lifecycle device and place it, however don’t change anything. Get a relay device and set the relay audience to random player. Then wire the two devices from lifecycle device to relay device and set the wire to Event Occurs > Trigger Relay. Lastly, get a Team Switcher and set the switch strategy to Specific Team and set Team to whatever team will be the imposter team, then wire the relay device to the team switcher and set the wire to Relay Trigger > Switch player to configered team.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply! This would be helpful, but I think you misunderstood me : / I want I to divide each player into a team, not dividing it to crewmates and impostors. I still appreciate tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

@EggNoodle Making your game into a FFA from Map Options puts everyone on separate teams, though I’m guessing you want it to only happen during voting.

How about you have each person walk through a zone, and every time they walk through a zone, they get Z bait, and the property Z gets increased by one.

2 Likes

Are you talking about the voting system?

1 Like

Like another form of pseudo-teaming. The only problem is that making people go themselves could cause problems.

@ClicClac I don’t get it.

1 Like

Also how would making my game FFA separate everyone into a team?

1 Like

Each person gets a different amount of an item, so you can use checkers to check that amount, and deal with everyone separately.

2 Likes

IDK, put the item granter with block code on the teleporter?

1 Like

You mean like A gets 3 bait = Team 3, B gets 5 bait = Team 5 and so on?

2 Likes

Yep! That’s exactly what I mean. However, I think you don’t need team switchers, because you are using psuedo teaming.

3 Likes

That might work, but how would impostors shoot crewmates if everyone is on the same team?

2 Likes

Also, the point of making everyone a team is to make checking votes easier.

2 Likes

Because the point of Free For All is that everyone is on their own. If only the imposter has a weapon, then Crewmates can’t kill each other. Dropping gadgets has to be disabled or the Imposter could give the weapon to others.

1 Like

You could keep the imposter on team 2, because they are not technically on team 1. How does your voting system work?

You first make everyone a seperate team.

When someone presses the meeting button, everyone gets teleported to a voting zones, which has buttons and counters that can use to vote other players.
When the meeting ends, a trigger checks the score of each person (team) and kick the highest player out.

They get teleported based off of their team?