Poll on post 120!

No I’m not from the Philippines that’s Dannystarf I think

Oh… Your names are just so similar. But are you from anywhere?

i’m not a thumbnail artist, but i do believe that they should be credited more. i mean, thumbnails are probably the only reason why you’ll get plays, so they deserve credit. and like clicclac said, they’ve been working for like half a year. but i don’t think they should be put on the same level as people like blackhole. i mean, they are pretty much the reason why we have good or functional games. (note: the rest of this is BUTCHERED) and no offense to the thumbnail artists, but games > thumbnail. while you’d probably like to see that your game got 50,000 plays because you spent so much time debugging and making complex systems but you didn’t have a good thumbnail, at least you spent that effort making something you’re proud of and at least some people have got to see your project. some is better than nothing, y’know?

tl;dr thumbnail artists deserve credit but not as much as people like bh

(@BrownSugarAlien for your list, i’m chinese and haiasi is from the philippines)
(@ClicClac bfdi = battle for dream island. try watching it on youtube! it’s pretty good and if you say it’s bad i will find you)

3 Likes

What the… Why is everyone from so many countries?! And I do agree with your description.

1 Like

also,
@Badkarma (an old friend of mine, very few of you probably know him) is from puerto rico, i’m pretty sure his first language is spanish.
i mean, its the internet, we’re all pretty diverse in many ways.

edit: @BrownSugarAlien my pfp? its my oc holding a bfdi four plush, i just added a bunch of sparkles and stuff too.

bak on towpik

3 Likes

66540_2
What’s happening here?

y’all don’t know where I’m from do u???
yeah I thought so any guesses go on my padlet

I’m gonna grind this thumbnail tonight
also just gonna say the McDonald’s were so good in Switzerland I’m vegetarian so I can’t eat meat but they had curry burgers CURRY BURGERS!!

I’m actually almost done with my thumbnail. Now I’m details like shading and shadows. And I guess you are from Japan. Or in that area. Vegetarian? Might be sad for you but I LOVE meat.

What does bfdi stand for? Butter frosting; danish icing?

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: How do you think of that?!

battle for dream island it’s a show on YouTube I watched some of it its actually really good!
u should go on YouTube watch the first episode

3 Likes

Your sketch is amazing @suki-moon!

1 Like

As a (hopefully) central thumbnailist here, I agree. A good game is like a cake, and the thumbnail is the frosting and decorations.

6 Likes

Whoa. Creative.

that’s really of topic if u wanna chat just go in my padlet I don’t want this to get 600 replies or something

2 Likes

Yes, good idea. We don’t want this to turn into the shizen island request ._O

3 Likes

I’m not really that kind of person.

btw, I have canad1an citizenship…

1 Like

Sorry i haven’t been on… might be last time for visiting before school
not that long to it tho

It’s what i wanted it to look like, but anything is fine as long as it looks like you put effort
(I DON’T WANT TO MAKE IT FEEL LIKE I’M ASKING TOO MUCH :sob:)