Please Never Use Repeaters (and a guide on looping)

Just mute it lmao.

7 Likes

i completely forgot.

12 Likes

I always used this method to repeat stuff before this guide lol.

1 Like

I know that repeaters may not be the best in GKC, but in games such as Splatoon 3 (my favorite) even low tiers may have use. The repeater can be used as a simple device for beginners. I can’t believe I’m making a case for it, but, even the illiterate section seemed quite hostile. They have uses, people!

1 Like

they have uses, but there are better alternatives

5 Likes

Ik, but if not their uses, what are you going to do? Leave them alone and not have people learn about them? You need to know about every device and you using it for a simple purpose would still help. You can try different ways and see which you prefer.

1 Like

EVERY SINGLE USE of the repeater can be recreated with a lower memory alternative. There’s nothing to explore in repeaters. Feel free to try, but you won’t find anything.

6 Likes

Like I said, the repeater is a simple concept that may be easier for beginners to understand…

1 Like

Why does everyone complain about repeaters? I find them useful, instead of having to clutter together a lot of things and make half of the world devices.

2 Likes

Thank you! At least someone agrees with me…

2 Likes

Because they are objectively an inefficient device.
There are plenty of facts to back that up in this thread, but lemme list a few:

• absurdly high memory
  • can only repeat a max of 2 times a second
  • no blocks

On the other hand, triggers cost a tenth of the memory, and can do everything a repeater can and more.

6 Likes

The simplest repeater substitute is a simply 2 wire repeaters connected with wires. The next simplest one is a trigger that triggers itself with a delay using channels.

1 Like

True there are substitutes, but it is ok. It is not like it is super buggy. Like I said before, a beginner can use the device effectively and not have to use blocks to do the same job, as triggers require.

1 Like

This is the only thing the repeater’s existence helps with. If you aren’t a beginner though, they are useless and you shouldn’t use them, that’s what this topic is about.

3 Likes

Still sticking with my logic…

1 Like

And I don’t want a flame war. That’s just not right. (Not your opinion, it is valid. A flame war)

A flame war isn’t right of course, but if you’re gonna try and argue the repeater holds any use past beginner usage, there probably gonna be a response against it lol

3 Likes

The repeater is a useful device for beginners who don’t really comprehend the finer aspects of GKC.

However, what this post shares is that it’s not a useful device for anyone who can make a trigger loop.

Of course, you are absolutely just in having your opinion, no matter who disagrees with it. It’s just not really the point of this topic.

4 Likes

That’s all I was saying. The repeater is for beginners to understand looping activities. Then, once they get deeper in, then they can use triggers for a repeater’s job.

Device/Wall Limits: The thing where it wants to ruin your game.

2 Likes