Please Never Use Repeaters (and a guide on looping)

bump jokes on you I used repeaters for testing!

worst mistake of my life

BUMP

1 Like

That’s the point of the Repeater: so it doesn’t take the extra counter to set up. Sure, there may be “other ways” to do it, but it’s just simpler to do it with a repeater.
Think about it: I’ve been told multiple times that my “how to jump like in GD” guide is outdated and I need to revamp it. But just because there’s an easier way of doing it (creative Platforming) doesn’t mean it’s useless. Some people don’t want to/cant pay for the Season Ticket! (I don’t want to) so it’s just an easier way of doing it for somebody who doesn’t have the money or patience. Same thing with the repeater

No, its not the same thing

He’s just saying that a repeater can be repeated with other things for less memory.

The season ticket is different. It’s cause it cost money, some people can’t do that, which is understandable.

This guide is just telling you that there’s other ways to make a repeater- taking up much less memory and being more efficient.

1 Like

dude stop mini modding
people can bump a guide
the amount of bumps don’t matter.

how about BOTH of you stop minimodding, and start learning what the flag button is

22 Likes

The goal is to encourage good building habits- an anti repeater stigma does this in a few ways.

First, repeaters are objectively bad. They cost a large memory and perform a limited number of tasks. Compare this to trigger loops/wire repeater loops, and it’s clear which one is better. By calling repeaters bad, we encourage good building habits that help people make better maps.

Second, it encourages innovation. By showing that there’s a better solution for something that seems to be the obvious way, we encourage people to look for better solutions to their problems. Oftentimes, new GKC users are scared of complex mechanics- by forcing them into this, we introduce them to the idea and it pays off in the long run for them.

Finally, it builds interest in technical GKC. By forcing people to learn a simple technical concept, we build their confidence up to the point where they aren’t intimidated by more complex things- which helps whenever they want to do something that requires complexity. It inspires them to find their own solutions to their problems and to their own innovation.

I’ll acknowledge that this aggressive, hit the ground running, repeaters or death type stigma can be a bit harsh- but it works. As proof, look at this post. Almost every person who has argued for repeaters has eventually realized the benefits of not using them, and many of them have gone on to be quite successful.

The repeater is simple, but worse. By discouraging it, we make everyone else learn more complex ideas, and get better. It’s just a benefit overall, and that’s why we do it.

17 Likes

Ye- that’s what I try to say kinda, the first part- except you worded it more fancy and cooler lol.

I only use repeaters when I’m too lazy- but innovation is always great! Example: Just had problems today with my map, tried different solutions and ideas until it worked! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Okay, that does make a lot of sense. I did not think about it that way. Dang, Black hole, why don’t you make that post into a guide while you’re at it?:rofl:

1 Like

I Bumped the repeaters on the wall and blast it into pieces
uuusing a blaster, of course

4 Likes

You wrote an essay like GimAI does- no- did, back in the day
Repeaters just keep on disappointing

Why didn’t you just put this a s a guide?

This is about devices, it’s not a guide.

1 Like

Fair point. I see what you mean now. Sorry

Is ok(dont feel bad abt ur self :smiley:)

:slight_smile: majority of the times I tend to do anything but that. Thanks for the positive reinforcement anyway!:slight_smile:

Uses a repeater anyways for less brainhurt when debugging* >:3

Check boxes will only work if it’s a wiki

like so

so uh bump ig

You need to be a tl3, or regular, to make a wiki

I’m unwiking this; I keep getting notifications from this post -_-

So How Do I make a wiki

Since you’re TL1, you can’t make a wiki. :frowning:

1 Like

Reading Text………
Looking At Information In CipherCore…………
You have to be a Regular

1 Like