Please Never Use Repeaters (and a guide on looping)

Fine, @Shdwy, you’re right, the repeater is basically pointless :yawning_face:

2 Likes

Counter-productive, even – it takes up like 92% more space

3 Likes

now THAT was painful to make.

IT TOOK ME 40 MINUTES TO MAKE THIS AHAHAHAHA

23 Likes

CONC TASKS:
Make a “start” trigger that starts the looping trigger. This start trigger will increment a counter with the target value of the max concurrent tasks. When the target is reached, deactivate the trigger. Now, make an “end” trigger that is triggered when the loop ends (use the channels from shdwy’s stop strategies). This end trigger will activate the start trigger and decrement the counter.

That was shorter than I expected lol.
@Shdwy

1 Like

its actully 12.5 :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Using TUGTED 2 and 3 probably would’ve saved you some time when it comes to tasks.

This is evil-eye opening…

1 Like

The repeater might need a sling after all these shots we took at it.

2 Likes

Wow.

The repeater is completly redundant.

At least it still exists for when your trigger clocks just aren’t working right.

Also, @Shdwy, remember that you can only have like 8-10 repeaters in a map at a time.

5 Likes

Yeah, I guess it would be more helpful in the place of less-advanced maps.

@cheesebox we both made the fatal error of saying the repeater was 500 memory :skull:

2 Likes

is it not 500 memory?

no it’s 400

2 Likes

However, if you are using a trigger for that sole purpose, wire repeaters are more memory efficient.

1 Like

…unlike the repeater

2 Likes

Not going to lie, but this guide is kind of true. Repeaters = :face_vomiting: (unless you’re a new Gim and like using the 10 repeaters you get). And of course, you can just use wire repeaters (like what WhoAmI said), which is probably the easiest.

3 Likes

there’s a repeater limit? didn’t know that existed. well, time to add that to my triple-venn-pro-con-diagram anyways gotta eat dinner bye

2 Likes

Yeah, you can only place down 10 repeaters. That’s when I found out triggers and wire repeaters and deleted every single one of them.

cya

1 Like

another thing that’s infuriating about repeaters is the 10-placement limit. repeaters are 400 memory, so 400 x 10 = 4,000 memory. JUST 4,000?!?!? A TAG ZONE HAS A LIMIT OF 6.

if that wasn’t clear enough for you,

6!!!

tag zones are 1.5k memory each. so SIX of those would be… NINE THOUSAND MEMORY?!?!?!

HOLY COW!

in summary, they let us place 4,000 memory’s worth of repeaters and yet they let us place 9,000 memory’s worth of tag zones! in fact,

ok, so more math.

triggers

a trigger is 40 memory.
100000/40=2500.
that means you can have an entire map’s worth of triggers RIGHT THERE!

checker

a checker is 35 memory.
100,000/35=~2857.
2857 x 35 = 99,995!

99,995 > 4,000

WHAT?!?!?!

so we can place 2857 checkers and seemingly INFINITE triggers and only TEN repeaters?!?!?!

okay so maybe that’s not the repeater’s fault but it’s still worth mentioning

9 Likes

And you can have practically infinite triggers and checkers. Yep, it’s weird.

3 Likes