[đź“‹ Platformer Terrain] Gimkit Image Clipboard

Inspired by @JoeTheChicken

This is every image of platformer terrain, taken directly from Gimkit’s innards!
Useful for creating thumbnails and many other things!
Enjoy!

Light Scraps:

light scraps

Sand:

sand

Snow:

snow

Stone:

stone

Catwalk:

catwalk

Dark Scraps:

dark scraps

Grass:

grass

Let me know if this becomes outdated and I need to update it!
Drop a :heart: if this helped you!

16 Likes

Ty for this I couldn’t get pictures of platformer terrain but now I can complete my DLD thumbnails with ease

1 Like

yep, that’s the main point of this!

2 Likes

You should try to get all the stages of the blocks like when they are connected in different ways

3 Likes

i did try - for some reason, the connected textures weren’t showing up in the inspector.
not sure why, might try again later.

3 Likes

Yeah just taking a quick look around I haven’t come across it yet

1 Like

I did find it but to actually create the images it might be a bit tedious. Gimkit, to make the visual better (it doesn’t work as well as they thought) uses outlines and then maps in the texture to get a “seamless transition in the pattern” [1]

This means that if we wanted to get all the possible combinations we would have to dedicate a little time to positioning it correctly and screenshot it. (You’ll see what I mean)

Anyways here’s the texture for grass

1. Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 8.56.31 PM
    Not actually very seamless ↩︎

6 Likes

@jerryandjerseymikes cant reply yet…
nooooo!
his thoughts must be shared

huh?
alts are not allowed on the forum

I did not know that
what should I do

1 Like

Delete the account

1 Like

oh
how come the button for that doesn’t pop up on my normal account?

You can’t delete your account after 7 days (a week) of account creation

2 Likes

And you can’t delete an account when it has more than two posts

1 Like

two feels like too little
oh well
I wasn’t trying to delete this anways

I approve of this message

2 Likes

I have an idea on how this could be done easier, but I’m no sure about the most efficient way to do this.
I was thinking something like this could work, where it shows every possible variation of tile morphing on one image, example below:

|
However, I don’t know if this has all the variations, so if someone could do the math make a version like this but with all possible combinations, it would be GREATLY appreciated (for no particular reason)
I’m pretty sure it only changes shape for tiles that are directly above, below, or on either side of the base tile.

1 Like

so… I could just… light scraps

1 Like