Platformer guides? Vote on post 34

Anyways, since DLD is gonna be easier than some of the modes as there’s probably gonna be an option to make a platformer map with gravity and/or being able to customize the fall speed of a player and gravity of props, it’s gonna be more spoonfeeding and a bit easier for players to make up for the fact that DLD is very hard to build by scratch and there’s no way to instantly copy paste a system from an official GK gamemode since they’re already easy to make by scratch (i don’t mean the coding website), unlike DLD which would be very tedious so we don’t really need a whole TUG on it, people are just gonna talk about different things at once, different guides in the TUG at once so it’ll disrupt the topic a lot because people want to talk about a specific guide. It’s better to make multiple guides in this scenario, but not always true.

2 Likes

This sounds like trying to manage the behavior of others, which, according to jeffo is what we shouldn’t be doing :smiley:

2 Likes

Maybe something you could is an endless runner. The mechanics are pretty easy

Umm, lost sea, what collison boxes?

Maybe he’s talking about the DLD collision and how you can do some pretty funky stuff if you’re good enough.

yes like at the emberwall where the lamp post is after climbing the selling kart, you run slow going up causing you not to jump far but if you walk to the point you nearly fall off you will tipwalking straight giving you enough speed to jump all the way to bread instead fo the fork

1 Like

True, that was what i was thinking.

I recommend you make the tag when it comes out, We don’t even know when the beta could released it could take months for it to come out and we would have a random tag called “Platformer” sitting there for months not being used. That’s when disagreements about whether it should even be there will start.

Just my opinion though.

2 Likes

okay just a question what the heck happend putting two users into suspension for 7 months

Who?

what?

we lost @legobuilder and @doubledash

why? what did they do?

supporting violence apperently there not back till september

its short because the did something wrong but its wasn’t to bad so its a short suspention.

they posted violent pics on my wepon wiki getting it shut down

Thats weird…

They didn’t do anything bad as far as I know.

oh well then yeah they deserve it. Not a smart move.

3 Likes

Oh, Well

thats unfortunate.

2 Likes