Object Oriented Programming

What is that
oh blockly not blackly

1 Like

Gimkit’s block language
(Not originally gimkit’s)

1 Like

In computers, json is stored as a bunch of ASCII encoded bytes.

1 Like

This project is interesting because as much as I stretch my mind, I can’t find a time when classes would be worth this pain.

2 Likes

Yes, but I can’t tell an average block coding language to decode &# 72;&#7 3; or something like that.
Oh lol discourse decoded it

1 Like

Yeah, but you can write some code for it. And the math for encoding things and decoding things is all here.

Ok. Anyways, i gtg
Djsjaiow’qmm

So we need to implement an encoding way for the data, and then make a property to store it all and extract that data using triggers, and done?

1 Like

Yeah. Instead of encoding text into numbers, we’ll encode json into numbers, and when decoding it we can place each value in a property etc.

Ok, one thing though, how does JSON work? I’ve heard of it, and seen it in action, but how does it work, what does it do and how can it help us?

JSON is a way of storing data, like so:

{
  "property name": value
  "other property": value
  "function name": value

We can use json to save data about a class

class person

{
  "age": 42,
  "height": 5,
  "hair color": #ff0000
}

How do you implement that into GKC?

No idea, gotta go to class bye

Alright, bye.

is this still a thing? bc this is something I might be able to help with. I did my best to read through the replies, but I don’t quite understand where we are right now. as a general idea, it might be possible to create a central library of objects by creating a pseudo-array containing a list of objects, along with a index of where everything is within the array.

Yeah. It is. I’m using it for my text display.

I’m taking the text operations guide a step further to store all the data in one property. So a property stores an object.

If advanced text operations are possible, we could store all objects in one text property, but that might be more trouble than it’s worth.

That’s what I’m doing, and it’s not that bad…

1 Like

wholly smokes
idk why but I imagined it more as a text property like this:
[
object: weapon {
damage: 2
reload: 0.5
}
object: enemy {
damage: 5
health: 9
}
]
with another text property that records the indexes of everything, and a whole lot of pseudo-arraying/text manipulation code

2 Likes