New Update: January 22nd, 2024

xp device would be abused. maybe they could add like a creative time xp where if you spend 1 hr on GKC, you get a level or something as it’s truly annoying when I play GKC and not Gimkit and don’t get any xp even though I played Gimkit all day!

4 Likes

I agree. It would definitely be abused and it would be nice where you could creative time xp

4 Likes

Just like fortnite. But people could just afk that too….

i still want it

1 Like

I mean like creating map time. Not playing time. But if you’re inactive too long, you get kicked out for idling.

2 Likes

Problem: Editing Maps’s server limit is 60 minutes.

Well, we could erase that problem by making it so if you worked really hard on your map, you could like get a ton of XP.

4 Likes

Are you referring to gimkit xp or the one like in coral’s guide?

2 Likes

I believe they are referring to actual gimkit exp

2 Likes

Then that won’t really work.

1 Like

I mean, it makes some sense since Gimkit Creative isn’t too educational and the staff would want the education portion of Gimkit to be priority, so things in the game that show participation and learning will have more of an incentive to do.

7 Likes

The server limit for editing maps is 60 minutes?
Source?

I’ve definitely been in a map longer than 60 minutes when editing.

8 Likes

that’s what I thought but I just let it go.

Hello, and welcome to the GKC Forums, @Hikiko ! Make sure to read the community guidelines and FAQ. Some tags that will help you are the new-user-must-read and forum-tips tags! Hope this place treats you well, and have a great day/night or whatever!

4 Likes

“Server Lifetime”

Pretty sure the xp device for getting a level every hour is good. Because I can get the weekly limit of 15K since I don’t have the season pass under 10 minutes with tag domination grinding. But I don’t really think we need an xp device

1 Like

Yeah- I know about server lifetime, but what is the source for 1-2 hours? I know of people who have been in games or edited maps for timespans of around 8 hours.

Does the server shut down at a specific time?

1 Like

I don’t know. That is the only topic here about the time limit.

1 Like

No- as far as I know, there isn’t really a proper limit. According to josh, gimkit cant guarantee that a server will have a lifetime of more than an hour (hence the one hour limit on games), but often the lifetime exceeds this by a lot.

3 Likes

No just a specific time, regardless of when you start the game that the server shuts down.

1 Like

Oh- I don’t know what that is, or if it even exists.

1 Like