Memory efficient keyboard using triggers

most commonly, people make keyboards in gimkit using triggers. that’s great, but not so much when they use one trigger for EVERY SINGLE KEY! this can be easily fixed and make it more memory efficient, how? you can simply use one trigger for 3 letters, like how phones used to do it. combine this with Counter Arrays, and we got a memory efficient trigger keyboard!
concept gif:
Screen recording 2024-10-18 1.53.39 PM

2 Likes

Nice :+1:

I know this isn’t a guide… But maybe add some pictures, steps, like more than just a skeleton of an idea. Show proof of it working etc.
@Fleet please stop acting like you created checking with a trigger. We have used that since GKC’s release.

2 Likes

Isn’t this a topic already?

Good idea! I have a brick phone so I am very aware of the trials and tribulations of 3-letter-per-key typing… The problem is, the way it works on something like a Nokia is that it will give you a bit of time to click the key again before it assumes you just meant the 1st or 2nd letter (depending on how many times you clicked it, unless you clicked it 3 times), and that’s a really important bit. That would need a bunch of counters, which would mess the memory thing up a bit. However, it wouldn’t be as bad as a full one-letter-per-key keyboard, so I think it would still help!

Yeah, it’s a topic, but this is different - it’s about how to make it more memory-efficient, so it’s helpful.

1 Like

I’m not, and if your talking about the part of my profile that is a joke entirely. I know I didn’t invent them. and the thing is I havent tested it yet, I’ll test it after this math test I have to do.

Okay… just making sure.
We had a user called KrishnaVA (or something like that) and he went around calling himself the “Thumbnail savoir” after they added the Art section. Everybody HATED severely dislike him cause he would just brag about it.

I added a gif showing off how it would work, I haven’t added the text property yet but its progress!

1 Like

so I’m having quite the problem,
I added it so that after 2 seconds with no change in letter it will add that letter to the text. when inputting more letters in that 2 seconds you will get more than 1 letter combined to the text. not ideal, how do I fix this?

Tbh, i’m bad at some blockcode

honestly the problem is actually multiple broadcasted messages going on at the same time,

Send me images of all your devices and systems

1 Like

counter is the same for all 3 just ABC is replaced with the key that it tracks letters that it can use. and the target number is increased by 4 and 8 for the other 2 counters respectively

ONLY THIS TRIGGER HAS THE BLOCK CODE.

The best thing i can do is, redo it

May I help pleases if yes thank you

yeah sure! any help is appreciated! :slight_smile:

I haz idea using 2 number input method
we can use binary code and convert those numbers to text and sentences via id and what not
however I would have to find a way to optimize the recieving end somehow
or I can just do what google says : P

I FIXED IT!
basically I had a property that when a key trigger was triggered would set to 1 and when the letter was combined we set it to 0 and we use a checker to check if that property was equal to 1 if it was we are already combining the text and the letter, so we don’t brodcast to do it again. SO IT WORKS!!! I have created a memory efficient key system.

ah, a t9 keyboard! like the old days :slight_smile: