Mario Kart map help

I’m trying to create a Gimkit map based on Mario Kart, & each player has special advantages & disadvantages based on which kart they pick. Would anyone happen to know how to do this?

maybe this can help

Making a racing game! Difficulty: 4/10 or 🟨))

1 Like

Please don’t use the wip tag for Help.

Also welcome to forums @BlueberryPi314! Remember to read the community guidelines, beginner-must-read, new-user-must-read, and forum-tips! You should also read the FAQ!

3 Likes

I’m new here. Thanks for letting me know. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll try that. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome @BlueberryPi314. Also don’t put your name in your description.

1 Like

This could help.

1 Like

Look in the racing tag and maybe search for some racing games in the discovery page and get some inspiration from some of the games.
(Don’t forget to credit games you were inspired from)
I suggest you check out ClicClac’s GK8 (Gimkit/Mario Kart 8) map, it’s called “Gimkit Kart 8.”

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums @BlueberryPi314. Like haiasi said, you can use the racing tag to find all of the guides that you need. Remember to mark a solution if your problem is solved. :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

Welcome to the creative forums @BlueberryPi314. Try looking up how to make a character selection on gimkit

even if you look at ClicClac’s maps, there is no current way to put props on players for a kart, but you can make selections with different benefits

Oh, I’ve played on that map before. I’m trying to do something similar to that, but when a player crashes, they automatically switch to the “D.N.F.” team. (“Did Not Finish”)

I’m trying to make something similar to what you mentioned, but I don’t need to make props move. For example, if a player chooses off-road capabilities, their speed is 2x, but it only decreases to 1.9x speed when they go off of the road. If they choose a selection that mimics a tank, they’re more likely to get a really good power-up when they hit a power-up box, & also they’re less vulnerable to attacks from other players.