Making the ultimate text display

why is this Devices @Blackhole927 i also noticed that any research are in devices why?

Because it’s research.

if they have nothing to do with devices

A text is a device, you know
And Bh is researching ways to improve the text device.
Therefore research

3 Likes

Wow this is cool

1 Like

I worked on it,

See?

1 Like

yeah this is really cool

Welcome back to the forums @Sketchy!

Welcome back @Sketchy!

meanwhile, bro is on another topic telling him “no click big bad button”
2 Likes

Welcome back!

Lol @Kormorant

1 Like

The devices category is for ongoing research in gimkit. Previously, we used to put rule-breaking posts in the devices category, so we made research to find the real devices topics easier.

2 Likes

wow this is cool (/j)

(nobody, not even mods are safe from the /j >:3)

You could lower the resolution of what ever you generating, sorry if this makes no sense and is not related Im trying my best :slightly_smiling_face:

No, just no. He literally just said not to do this.

He is not unstable though…
He’s undertale

1 Like

Thats what I was going to say

1 Like

now it feels like we are bots when doing that but to answer your question

yes

OMG who let @Blackhole927 BLACKHOLE cook so good with these guides?! sorry off topic

I quitted adanvce gimkit a long time ago.

but maybe a little tip won’t hurt

Texture atlas filled with glyphs is the most common way to render text with the least amount of draw calls.

1 Like

ok, ima first try to upgrade the line algorithm:
make a black square from past squares+1
So that the the black square row above is always one square longer than the past one:
Alright to do this we do:
(wait ima build this in gimkit)

So what is this basically? because the ultimate text display I would expect would be detailed typography animation. Because when you said draw it sounds like you’re trying to recreate a platform like kleki or Canva. Except very uh strange and wouldn’t this be similar to the 3d rendering from a while back?

No, typography isn’t a priority. Typography relies on filling algorithms and the rendering of bezier curves, and there’s a very cool Sebastian League video on it if you want to learn more about it. We want to make the fundamentals, like likes, shapes, maybe beziers, so that we can then use those basic tools to make more complex things.

The Text Rendering Video

This text will be hidden

1 Like