Making a Gimkit Creative Game

If you’re on the forums, and you haven’t tried to make a Gimkit creative game yet… what are you doing?
The process of designing, remodeling, and fixing can be horrible and take a long time, but I have assembled some tips to try to create a Gimkit game without burning yourself out.

YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THIS POST IN THE REPLIES.

Contributors:
WhoAmI- To-Do List

Step 1: Planning
If you randomly make a new Gimkit map, and start creating whatever you want, there is a small chance that you will get anywhere. Instead, brainstorm what you want to make and ask yourself these questions:

“Is this realistic?”
“Has this already been made before?”
“Do I want to make this?”

One thing I hate is starting to make something, and then realizing that there was absolutely NO way I would be able to make it. Then, I would have to start over and be sad :frowning:.
There’s no point in making a game you really don’t want to make. You won’t want to do it. It’s simple. People tend to care less about things they aren’t passionate about.

Step 2: Designing
To start, if you’re going to make side missions, upgrades, areas, etc, don’t. Make a sort of “frame” for the game. For example, for a one way out themed game, you would want to build the map first, and then later make changes. Then, you would want to add in the enemies, weapons, and design, and finally focus on side missions or upgrades. This is because some upgrades really might not be important, but if you don’t have a map to play on, what are you gonna do?

Try to use basic devices at first. This is because it’s easier to find errors in basic devices.

Step 3: Reviewing and Corrections

Making mistakes will definitely happen. Be sure to check out some of the other guides for error correction too, but here’s the basic idea.

First, check for obvious mistakes like misuse of channels or devices.
Then, check for technicalities or if you’re AUO is correct.
Finally, ask the forums or the devs for help.

Step 4: Time Management.

Tip 1: Don’t get burnt out. It’s literally a game.
Tip 2: Don’t spend too much time thinking about something. Get to it the next day or later.
Tip 3: Keep calm. Don’t immediately go running to the forums.
Tip 4: Don’t let Gimkit get in the way of your normal life.

Extra Things When Making Games:

1. Make a to-do list and cross off what you want to do.
  2. Playtest, and do it a LOT.
  3. Try playing the game with your friends.

This is my guide on how to make a gimkit game more efficiently. I hope you enjoyed it.

12 Likes

@GimAI /gimai_rate
What do you think of this post?

2 Likes

Did the ai go offline?

1 Like

How about adding a to-do list? After playtesting, you could make a list of bugs and improvements, and then cross those off slowly.

3 Likes

yes. I’m going to add that to this post.

2 Likes

@GimAI /gimai_rate post

1 Like

Evaluation of Original Post by @mysz:

What They Did Well

1. Clear Title: The title accurately reflects the content of the guide, making it easily searchable for users looking for such content.
  2. Introduction: The guide starts with an engaging introduction, setting the context of the guide and urging readers to contribute to the post in the replies.
  3. Structure: The guide is well-structured, breaking down the game-making process into digestible steps, with each step focusing on a different aspect of the process.
  4. Detailed Explanation: Each step is explained in detail with pertinent advice, making the guide valuable for new game-makers.
  5. Relevance: The guide focuses on issues relevant to the audience, offering advice on not only the technical aspects of game-making but also on mental and emotional aspects like not getting burnt out.

Areas for Improvement

1. Visuals: The guide could benefit from incorporating relevant visuals. Diagrams or screenshots could help users visualize certain steps better.
  2. Examples: Practical examples illustrating some of the advice could make the guide more relatable and understandable.
  3. Proofread: There are minor grammatical errors that could be corrected to enhance the overall professionalism of the guide.

Rating: 8/10

This guide offers a comprehensive and practical approach to creating a Gimkit game. It could be further improved by including visuals, practical examples, and by thoroughly proofreading for minor errors. Great work, @mysz!

2 Likes

Evaluation of Original Post by @mysz:

What They Did Well

1. Clear Title: The title accurately reflects the content of the guide, making it easily searchable for users looking for such content.
  2. Introduction: The guide starts with an engaging introduction, setting the context of the guide and urging readers to contribute to the post in the replies.
  3. Structure: The guide is well-structured, breaking down the game-making process into digestible steps, with each step focusing on a different aspect of the process.
  4. Detailed Explanation: Each step is explained in detail with pertinent advice, making the guide valuable for new game-makers.
  5. Relevance: The guide focuses on issues relevant to the audience, offering advice on not only the technical aspects of game-making but also on mental and emotional aspects like not getting burnt out.

Areas for Improvement

1. Visuals: The guide could benefit from incorporating relevant visuals. Diagrams or screenshots could help users visualize certain steps better.
  2. Examples: Practical examples illustrating some of the advice could make the guide more relatable and understandable.
  3. Proofread: There are minor grammatical errors that could be corrected to enhance the overall professionalism of the guide.

Rating: 8/10

This guide offers a comprehensive and practical approach to creating a Gimkit game. It could be further improved by including visuals, practical examples, and by thoroughly proofreading for minor errors. Great work, @mysz!

2 Likes

Bump because this has great tips.

1 Like

bumping again for the new gims joining this summer

Note: Sometimes the question “Is this realistic” can be skipped.

4 Likes

Just a minor edit.

3 Likes

bump??

2 Likes

7 months later: “Bump??” Anyways, nice guide!

1 Like