Leaderboard/Score Problem

I have a timer that starts when you press a button. So when the button is pressed it broadcasts on a channel that should trigger a trigger to start the timer. The thing is the channel doesn’t trigger the trigger. I used wires to test it and that doesn’t work as well. That’s just 1 problem. I triggered the trigger using player collision, and the timer started but it doesn’t update for the leaderboard score. [1] Help is not urgent, but useful. Thanks in advance!

1. hope i’m not being stoopid rn ↩︎

1 Like

Did you check the things you used to make the timer? And if you are using a property did you put it in the counter?

2 Likes

oh. maybe I should’ve said this:
it’s a bunch of counters tracking properties; the counters track: hundredth of a second, tenth of a second, seconds, minutes. the trigger, that’s in the trigger loop, updates the main time property which is a text property that combines all the times.

2 Likes

I think you overcomplicated it a bit too much honestly + how did you even do that

1 Like

Oh its supposed to be a number property I think

1 Like

wdym how did i do that? I used block code and counters and properties…

1 Like

yep. I’m a du- Stoopid person. I never even though that score had to be a number. I was trying to make it so it could be like this: a:b.cd; format

1 Like

Now that I think of it yeah you can.

1 Like

the 1st problem with the triggering still remains + I still need to test the score

1 Like

Happy to help \ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Could you clarify I am too stopid

1 Like

so I changed it so that there is no minute and the scoring works except it is having a seizure. the time stops and then changes by a 1.xy constantly.

1 Like

yeah, I checked, the scored DOES need to be a number. or at least it cannot be text

1 Like

and sometimes the decimal is like this: 46.16,5,999,999,999,99,9999,999,999,999

1 Like

for some reason gimkit doesn’t always like some numbers and this is a prime example

1 Like

is there a way to stop it?

1 Like

sadly there isn’t a way that I know of

1 Like

try the “round” block.

1 Like

I just did that a few seconds before you mentioned it lol but thx

2 Likes

I tested using the round blocks but it doesn’t work unless I use it to round the actual times which would cancel out the decimals…
I might try just using tenths and no hundredths

1 Like