LaTeX Rendering in Gimkit help

Blackhole, not that you said that, I have to change a whole section

How are you going to have the resources to display 999,999,999 nested fractions
Also can you make ask to see if you can make like a math category or something we were talkinga bout it on another topic

6 Likes

I know one way but it does take a bit of time and memory

what was it?

okay then say it

The question is how, given a math equation, you can render it in gimkit as accurately as possible. You don’t actually need to understand the math to render it haha.

My first idea was to just set up a row of text objects, and set them accordingly, but that feels wrong.

I’ll just crop out about 999,999,990 of time.

What is it?

3 Likes

I don’t know If I can even do it tho, I probably wont have enough memory

Okay but we’ll never know unless you say it

2 Likes

But what is it? Give us context please.

Saving memory is literally one of the fields i’m an expert in, just explain your algorithm haha

3 Likes

I cant explain it so I’ll show you a screen shot once I finish it

1 Like

No, just give some ideas you have in your mind, you don’t have to make a complex statement or a ten-pages-long explanation.

You have to preset the locations of all possible degrees in their own text device, including letters, mathematical symbols, and other characters.
You have to preset the locations of all possible fraction bar in their own text device.
You have to preset the locations of all possible root lines in their own text device.
You have to constantly check if a substring within the string of text the user inputs has a keyword that is affiliated with a symbol.

3 Likes

this is trivially easy

or use a modded newline text object

modded newline text object

modded newline text object

1 Like

Eughh boi
So from what im getting from this is you need to fit a mass amount of code for an equation in blocks? (I may be out of my league in this field but im gonna try coming at this from a more simpler approach) so what if you just compressed that code like simplifying an equation and plugging in the numbers? Idk exactly what’s going on but uh im trying to understand a bit more

What do you mean by that?

Like just a row for each row of numbers

1 Like

I think the fraction lines might be difficult (if it’s even possible) to do in Gimkit, but I’ll try to see if I can figure it out tomorrow.

I in 7th grade and i don’t understand the “LaTeX” math thingy

I may be stupid, but i’m not an idiot. I’m not sure if unicode symbols would work for the fractions, because I only see preset, slanted fraction like ¼, but Unicode also seems like it would have it. It has this though!

3 Likes