Items for Mario Kart in Gimkit

We already had a topic about one specific item back in July: the banana. However, besides mushrooms, boos, stars, and blue shells, I have no idea what else to add. That and item distribution. I have the basic code, and just need to add more items to the pool, and different item pools based off of your place in the race, and balance the RNG. Any item ideas are appreciated, and they can be from Mario Kart, or be a forum original. Any new items made will be credited in the map.

2 Likes

Bullet bills will be a bit of a challenge. There’s also the horn thing which-I-forgot-its-name, which can be used to break blue shells.

2 Likes

Super horn. I think I figured out how to make one with a toggleable tag zone with a huge tag radius.

1 Like

The lightning bolt will be pretty cool and decently easy to make. Maybe you can use a pml or something for the fireflower. And also add gold mushrooms. You can make a piranha plant using the tag zone thing.

2 Likes

Lightning bolt sounds fun. I’ll see if I’ll have enough speed modifiers left over to properly make it.

1 Like

Nvm

1 Like

I forget, but I think I just found a way to save a bunch.

1 Like

It’s 32

1 Like

HOLY COW that’s not a lot

1 Like

I know! When reading it I was like: “That can’t be right!”

1 Like

Fake item boxes would be interesting to do.

1 Like

It would be zones connected to a prop, a timer, and the random item granter.

1 Like

You would have to cover the entire map.

1 Like

No, just zones at the item boxes…

1 Like

I said fake ones, like the ones that players can obtain and place anywhere, and when another player runs into one, they get damaged.

1 Like

I have never seen those before.

1 Like
2 Likes

Oh!!! I’ve only played Mariokart 8.

1 Like

Thanks for the idea! Sadly, these fall under the “stationary projectile” category.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I thought…

1 Like