Although DLD isn’t out yet for GIMKIT creative I have done extensive planning for it.
The type of game i am making is a metroidvania game called “FORERUNNER”. See metroidvania definition below.
A metroidvania is a genre of single player videogames where you roam around a immersive world with countless obstacles and challenges that encourage players to explore and discover.
The main way to progress through a metroidvanias is to find items and defeat bosses. A metroidvania’s story is usually told through its world, items. and characters (if their are any outside of the main character)
some examples of metroidvanias are…
Metroid (the first part of the metroidvania name.)
castlevania (the second part of metroidvania name)
The area you will explore is a planet that has been abandon (except for a gang of aliens you have to defeat) There are ruins left by a highly intelligent race that as gone extinct by an unknown cause. (sorta like the Chozo, Forerunners, etc.). (for the record to all of those guys who know about the Chozo and the Forerunners and how my previous statement is wrong. Good job)
ways you can get items
the ruins may contain items that you can obtain to progress through the game. Another way to gain items is to defeat bosses. when a boss is defeated they may drop an item.
items that I have made/have ideas for are…
- main weapon (zapper)
- I am thinking of adding a weapon (evil eye) that can do more damage then your base weapon and (if I can figure out how to make it) break props that your base weapon cannot. This weapon will have a limited amount of ammo. however you can find ammo extensions around the map. This weapon would be one of the items you get in the game.
- Double jump
- main weapon damage boosters
- speed booster (will help you sprint over long gaps)
- free water movement ability (I may try to add water sections)
- heat resistance ability (some areas of the game will be super heated meaning if you enter you will take lots of damage via invisible lasers)
- main weapon
- separate weapon (personal favorite)
Thumbnail made by @cheesebox!!