Is This Supposed To Happen? Maybe Gimkit Update?

yeah, i agree, i thought map options was just CSS and HTML, not java script.

3 Likes

It would make sense with how intertwined Gimkit is, but I always assumed it was a menu like the Props thing.

2 Likes

Indeed, Not Since Feb 5th, 2024

3 Likes

Nice word choice, dude

2 Likes

Gimkit is like- almost entirely JS, there is very little HTML and CSS in comparison lol

Gimkit actually releases updates very frequently, but they are usually just bug patches so they don’t get announced like major updates do.

5 Likes

yeah, but taht i thought was not a device, just a strait up html, not JS. But good to know.

4 Likes

it’s just a bug that happens sometimes

you just need a new map, place a thing or two down, and you can see map options

also please search before you post (search up map options in layers)

2 Likes

Did not show for me did any of you see it

1 Like

According to Navy, she said that the map options is actually a device that is hidden, and the device only appears on map options.

However, there may be a mistake on the code and sometimes it’ll think the map options is a ACTUAL real device and puts it on the options.

3 Likes

Yeah @KingT-Race found something similar to this and he has a theory for it. It was before GKC was published. He found it in Tag Domination. He was able to walk through the walls, and when he went far enough, he saw all the devices and stuff for the Tag Domination game. @ModerateCape86 , King T-Race’s theory is: The “Map Options” layers button is probably a hidden device in game.

1 Like

Yeah, we think that’s what it is. Should be patched and hidden again cause Wolf emailed Gimkit.

2 Likes

Friendly reminder- this isn’t a theory, there is plenty of proof to back up what me and others said about it being a hidden device that contains the map settings. (Remember, I’m a gimkit modder, I know this stuff lol)

1 Like

How did you get that I feel like gimkit was making that new don’t look down mode for creative and added that menu by accident

That menu is actually already in the game- it’s just accessed a different way. It’s the map settings menu. I highly doubt that the bug originated from DLD related code though.

Huh. This has happened before, and another person had a crazier glitch with that I think. I didn’t believe it myself. I thought they would have already fixed it though.

What device would do that? (sry, haven’t been in GKC in a while)

Sorry for being off-topic, but isn’t your pfp firestar from warrior cats?

Yes, why? I’m a WC fan.

1 Like

I didn’t know i played the roblox game of that for over a year so im familar with that stuff. Over all just curious. but back on topic.

The map options device is an implacable, invisible device that manages and contains the info found within the map settings menu.