Is This Supposed To Happen? Maybe Gimkit Update?

I will check. that it is kinda strange

1 Like

That would be great! Here are some of the most important things I noticed:

1. It doesn’t show up until you change the map settings and will disapper when refreshed (until you change it)

2. You can move it in the layers freely

3. It has its own settings menu, as seen in this photo

1. You can change the settings in its menu above.
3 Likes

Welcome to the forums, @Tobyluvhemi :smiley:

2 Likes

I am at school right now so I will check in the afternoon

1 Like

This is a bug- map options is a device automatically placed in every map. You know when you’re changing map settings, like enabling/disabling the health bar and whatnot? You’re actually editing a device, called map options, behind the scenes. It appears the devs forgot to hide the device from the layering menu haha.

6 Likes

Hey BH, can you help me on this? lol on that though.

2 Likes

No, sorry. I was just stopping by the forum real quick and saw an easy bug to explain.

4 Likes

… oh come on, no one understands the save file thing, and i’m not a coder. oh well

2 Likes

Yeah, I think @WolfTechnology is gonna email Josh

2 Likes

Yeah i did, but thats still go to know what it is.

3 Likes

It’s really cool to see behind the scenes like that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yeah, i agree, i thought map options was just CSS and HTML, not java script.

3 Likes

It would make sense with how intertwined Gimkit is, but I always assumed it was a menu like the Props thing.

2 Likes

Indeed, Not Since Feb 5th, 2024

3 Likes

Nice word choice, dude

2 Likes

Gimkit is like- almost entirely JS, there is very little HTML and CSS in comparison lol

Gimkit actually releases updates very frequently, but they are usually just bug patches so they don’t get announced like major updates do.

5 Likes

yeah, but taht i thought was not a device, just a strait up html, not JS. But good to know.

4 Likes

it’s just a bug that happens sometimes

you just need a new map, place a thing or two down, and you can see map options

also please search before you post (search up map options in layers)

2 Likes

Did not show for me did any of you see it

1 Like

According to Navy, she said that the map options is actually a device that is hidden, and the device only appears on map options.

However, there may be a mistake on the code and sometimes it’ll think the map options is a ACTUAL real device and puts it on the options.

3 Likes