Is there a wire limit? (Resolved)

When I’m trying to add another wire to a game overlay, it won’t let me. There are 3 wires in and 6 wires out, coming to a total of 9. How can I fix it/add another wire?

2 Likes

There is a max of 6 wires going out per device. You can, however, use channels to transmit data from one device to another!

3 Likes

Thanks! Normally, I use channels, but since I’m making a kind of complicated thing I decided to use wires because it’s easier to see what goes into what, It’s really my first time using wires a lot.

2 Likes

dude try channels

3 Likes

You can only have 1 channel on a device (not all) but you can use a trigger to make it seem like it is triggering on multiple channels allowing you to have infinite connections so no need to worry about a limit :grin:

3 Likes

yeah but for this he does’nt need more then one channel.

3 Likes

ik but talking about limits and stuff, if they need more than the 6 wires and 1 channel that could potentially help then activate as many things as they need

3 Likes

but if you are using a channel then you don’t have to use 6 wires

3 Likes

This is why the OP used wires because it was simpler so 6 wires still would be used AND my statement still COULD help them out

3 Likes

have you ever tried using 6 wires @ once?

3 Likes

Yes. Wires are mainly used because they can be faster to setup.

3 Likes

but it’s so annoying there’re like all over the place and it gets confusing

3 Likes

That’s only if you have not organised it

3 Likes

read this (starting from wires vs channels) it explains when channels are better.
https://docs.creative.gimkit.com/building/devices/concepts/channels

3 Likes

I totally agree with this. Wires can be a pain, and if you’re placing a lot of them, it’s annoying. However, if you want to just quickly link something up to something else, wires can be a quick way to do this.

3 Likes

Yeah, one of my friends uses only wires and their map is a total mess. I used wires to just quickly set up the system and it was organised so it’s easy to tell where the wires were going.

2 Likes

I use wire if there is 1 thing otherwise i use channels.

4 Likes

you can have one wire going to a wire repeater, and then have wires going out of it

4 Likes

Lol this is so nostalgic looking my first post

4 Likes

how do you think if found it? i went on your page and saw you only had one topic

3 Likes