Is it possible to make a TI Graphing Calcuator in Gimkit

Could I in theory make a TI-84 Calculator in Gimkit? Like all the functions of a calculator and the custom apps. I don’t know if Gimkit could handle this, I might start working on a prototype. Thanks!

2 Likes

Blackhole made a quadratic/linear graphic calculator before, but full on emulation would take an insane amount of skill to pull off.

4 Likes

Good point… My end goal was to make a adaptive display that can display stuff (ya know?)

Most if not all of the functions of a TI-84 are possible in GKC. It will probably not be possible due to memory constraints. If you want to attempt this most likely week long project I recommend you start with this:

Good luck, I would love to see this in action!

2 Likes

you want to make the hit calculator Texas Instrument 84 in gimkit?

GOOD LUCK :sweat_smile:

like @twofoursixeight said:

this’ll NOT take only a week, trust me :pray:

1 Like

Thanks! I need a basic display that can be programmed into displaying stuff. Like building an interpreter that can turn basic text on to the display, thanks for the support. I will make a simple guide if I can get this to work

I meant multiple week long project. Bad wording on my part.

1 Like

yeah this might take a few months :sob:

The main end goal Is a functioning display, but if I can nail that I could possibly take it up a step by adding basic calculations. Then simplifying down so I can add advanced calculations to get my end goal. ITS JUST A THEORY, A GIMKIT THEORY

1 Like

And I believe it’s possible, and might even want to work with you on this. Getting a display will be easy, but I have a TI-84 right in front of me and there are so many functions, they will not all be possible because of memory. You will have to choose what functions you want.

Hello! Pretty sure I’m the resident graphing calculator in gimkit expert guy here, and I think it possible. Display technology isn’t well documented, and there’s only been about 3 examples as far as I know of it being used in any somewhat complex way (not using a text device for every pixel), so you’d be pretty much on your own.

4 Likes

Is it possible if you can link those to this forum? I am kind of interested in this topic, and would love to see it go further.

btw i made a similar question before: Emulation of a real calculator

I’m looking at my TI-84, and there are multiple different menus that must be programmed, along with equation display. There’s functions to do proper display of division signs (alpha + x), so that would have to be done too. That’s a problem I’m personally struggling with.

You’d also have to manage the base calculator itself, supporting variable assignment, regression, calculus, etc. I’m currently trying to make a base calculator, and I’m struggling a lot haha. So it’s not quite as easy as just making a display sadly.

1 Like

Sure, give me a minute to find the two examples for which I have quick links.

1 Like

okay sorry
I’ma get back on topic now

Probably

I don’t think so

True.

I think we should include the following functions:
Basic calculator (+,-,/,x)
Graph function (already done by other user)
Numeric Solver

1 Like

Graphing Calculator in Gimkit
3D Renderer Beta in Gimkit

There’s also this guide that explains the display technology behind the graphing calculator. However, it is a high memory design and probably isn’t the best method to use for this project. It’s a good starting place though.

3 Likes