Is it possible to make a platformer on gimkit?

I am making a longer and harder version of Don’t Look Down. (nothing sus about the post)

Not yet, but Gimkit is working on it.

You could simulate jumping in a bunch of ways, like a text screen or zones and teleporters, but it’s best to just wait for Gimkit.

1 Like

Right now it isn’t possible to make actual 3d games you could use layers to make it look 3d though.

I think that Gimkit is working on something similar rn.

1 Like

I agree with everyone who replied, but I may make a forum on how to build a Mario map that looks like a platformer and if Gimkit adds platformer updates, I may add that also!

Oh maybe like GD ooh im going to make that when they come out with 2d modes in creative.

Yeah, if it’s like DOD it’s not available yet. They’re working on it, though.

Which I’m glad about.

All of the above.

On the other hand, if you really insist, Apoll02 made one before.

Platforming will be released soon to season 3 ticket holders, don’t know when though…

March 19th.

1 Like

I alreardy started a floor is lava map

if you buy the season ticket you can get platformer

yep, gimkit added platforming on March 18th, you have to have thee season pass but you can makeplatforming

nothing sus until you said something lol jk your fine

Did any of you know that someone made a platformer BEFORE gimkit introduced the platformer?

1 Like

no, but I am guessing teleporters and zones?

right now you have to have the season pass to make a platformer in Gimkit creative. this is because it is still beta, it will be available to everybody later this year.

welcome to the forums!! and yeah thats true. theres ways to make pseudo-platformers too for anybody who doesnt want to wait, but i wouldnt reccomend them because theyre VERY tedious.

what is a/are pseudo-platformers

its where you use elements already in the game to replicate what a platfromer is without actually using platformer. theres also pseado health which replaces a health bar with a more customizable, home-made version.

2 Likes