Is INFINITE generation POSSIBLE? đź’Ą

hi I’m back for a lil lol (if you know you know-)
:crossed_fingers:
there are multiple topics on randomly generated GIMKIT events, which begs the question. if enough work is put into it, can GIMKIT be used to recreate infinite generation? obviously, there is no devices to manipulate terrain, so I’m thinking. using props, could we possibly create infinite generation? :thinking:
if this is possible, we could quite literally recreate the backrooms, doors, and multiple other randomly generated games like that.
(obviously you cant go beyond the world barriers)

4 Likes

Escaping the world border in Gimkit (Top-Down)

also hi!

3 Likes

I’m not sure but maybe some block code combined with this glitch?

(what Kosmo said basically)

1 Like

ok, so basically we can (theoretically) create infinite generation with no barriers holding us back. nice to know

3 Likes

also hi because I didn’t say it in my reply :skull:

2 Likes

if you put enough work into making infinite regeneration, you could make a maze.
now, in text display, we could
a) create 3D graphics somehow, or
b) use 2D graphics
and with either level of dimension, it’s possible to do infinite generation by randomizing pixels every time the player moves.

1 Like

we could simplify it and make it so that there is a bunch of emojis around the map using 2d graphics, which you can give a 5/10 chance of showing up. then, using a tagzone which deletes the past generated text emojis and generates new ones that you already placed. maybe like a quadrant type layout
download (10)

(imagine each label as a new section of the world-)
each quadrant would be a tagzone which would delete all emojis that isn’t in the quadrant you are in- that way you can reduce lag. you can also make it so it doesn’t delete the past quadrant generations, which means…
ITS POSSIBLE TO MAKE INFINITE GENERATION WITH PROPS AND TEXT EMOJIS!!
(omg I used my brain…)

1 Like

wait. im confused. where do tagzones come into all of this?

dang that looks really complicated
Me::exploding_head:
but that is possible to do

No, that doesn’t work because in order to make any device work outside the border, the center of the device must be within the bounds of the border.

1 Like

since tagzones can be triggered when you enter them, you can generate new emojis :sunglasses:

2 Likes

oh, i think you meant just zones. lol.

ooh ok got it

I’m sorry I haven’t been caught up on the
l i n g o :sparkles:

I’m so cringe

wut is lingo…

But what’s the point of that? They’re just emojis and the user can’t interact with them. You would also need to spam a ton of text devices due to the character limit.

3 Likes

also, a text display is a display that is made up of many text square emojis.

1 Like

you can also use props. we are using text because in block code you can randomly change the text in it.

1 Like

No, you can’t use props because that just requires hiding and unhiding the prop, which isn’t generating anything new.
Yes, you can change the text randomly, but what’s the point? The idea of randomization has existed for quite some time in Gimkit already, and aside from already-existing generic RNG minigames, I don’t see how this is useful for generation.

2 Likes

oh your right
my brain is stumped again
give me some time to think-

1 Like