Escaping the world border in Gimkit (Top-Down)

Some forum users (including myself) have recently been trying to escape the world border in Gimkit Creative, and I decided to make this wiki as a hub for all the ideas. Escaping the world border would help us make extremely big maps - think Minecraft-level big. Anything you have tested (or even can think of - it doesn’t have to be tested) to escape the border, add to this. Even if it didn’t work, people will then know that it didn’t work, and will be able to test other things instead of wasting time on something already tested.

Potential Breakthroughs

Camera View Overlap

If you place a camera view that goes over the world border (like the picture below) and go into testing mode, then you will be able to see over the world border. Although you still won’t be able to pass the border, if we could somehow make the camera view active in edit mode (maybe with mods or the inspect element), then we could potentially place a teleporter or spawn pad and be able to escape the world border.

Checkpoint in Corner

By placing a teleporter in the corner of the map, the player can exit the world border. Check out InkyDarkBird’s guide on it here.

Untested Ideas

[None]

Unsuccessful Ideas

Device Poking

I tried to multi-select a teleporter with something else (text with the content set to “---------”), and move the teleporter outside the border. Unfortunately, when I entered a teleporter linked to the teleporter outside the border, I merely teleported erratically, and the first teleporter returned inside the world border on reload. The same thing happened when I tried it with a spawn pad, and I’m guessing it’s just not possible to poke devices outside of the world border.
BMW23 adding on-yes and next time I hosted that map the teleporter was like 20 meters up

Barrier Placement

I’ve noticed that if you place a barrier over yourself, you can walk out of the barrier but once you are out, you cannot go back in ( only when player collision is off). So what if you were to put the barrier half on the part you are standing on (right next to the world border) and put the other half on the world border? I have no idea whether or not this works tho.

-SilentPrincess_33 (SP3)

Spawn in Border

I wan to try spawning inside the border, by moving the spawn pad into the border

pics and gifs

Some pictures and gifs
Screen recording 2024-10-09 3.32.32 PM

Contributors

Only add your name if you actually contributed something. Do not use @.
-D0DG3 (Added the successful idea from InkyDarkBird

• NoNoWahoo (Camera View Overlap, Device Poking)
  • G-Code549 (pictures and Gifs)
  • SilentPrincess_33 (Barrier Placement)
7 Likes

We can probably try to use a group of devices to pass it?

why have you peeps been looking for a way to get past the border? if it’s for fun i see why. but otherwise, you don’t rly need to get past the border. the border is there so that your maps aren’t open world, isn’t it?

probably, i think so

also everyone always wants more than they are given. its just human nature

2 Likes

to be honest, I think the world border is there to save chunks of data for gimkit creative. I feel like that its impossible to go over, but able to look over. Gimkit may break or be slow if you succeed. I don’t believe it’s possible, but honestly I bet someones gonna do it.

3 Likes

thats true. someone will probably do it and end up breaking gimkit itself

yeah honestly when I’m bored I might try this

1 Like

same bro. i totaly would too but not rn

were just trying to make find out why there’s a border
this is the border

plz read my first post

1 Like

see it? “I think the world border is there to save chunks of data for gimkit creative.”

I did, we just want to do the impossible for fun so people who been trying to do it before know that there are others (if there were any)

ok well I guess i’ll try to help if you let me

sure if you want to press on the canva link to jo1n the expedition team

Well the border exists to limit the sizes of maps so they don’t take up too much memory. You can’t cross it because it appears to be coded in for the server to not let you move past it.

5 Likes

So I’m not sure why you all are doing this

3 Likes

yeah honestly that’s what I said at first

to see what’s past it
(that’s what I’ve been saying the whole time) :roll_eyes:

But there isn’t anything past it.

1 Like