In-game Chat System: A guide by Dayy (Difficulty:šŸŸ§)

Something i donā€™t know yet.
Did i do something wrong?

The first popup, that opens when the Game Overlay is pressed.

1 Like

Oh okay i see now @Haiasi and @Thats_Gimpossible

1 Like

wow, this is a great guide, thx, I was wanting to do this for my team PVP map.

Is it possible to chat while moving? Right now when you press the chat button it stops you in place. You might be able to use overlays.

It might. Iā€™ll go test that. Edit: They donā€™t stop you. You can keep moving.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Deadlocked !

could this be technically combined with a keyboard system and just type notifications?

wait, what are we doing? honestly im kinda lostā€¦

Theyā€™re just discussing this guide. If youā€™re lost in what the forum is for, itā€™s basically for questions and answers about gimkit creative. If you donā€™t have questions you can help others or make guides.

3 Likes

Restarting the Whole thing.
Think I did it wrong

If you used a property instead of a text block.

1 Like

cool! sure this system would be not that good for chatting unless you could make the keyboard portableā€¦ but good for some games either way

no, this doesnā€™t have a keyboard, it just uses preset messages.
Correct me if i misunderstood what you said. @Blackfox45666

1 Like

I think you did. They asked if it could be attached to a keyboard.

i meant if this was combined with the keyboard system guide (darn it i gotta make that a goal to elaborate more on my sentences)

1 Like

My keyboard guide already sends messages thoughā€¦

WE NEED A CHOSEN ANSWER BLOCK FOR THE QUEStIONER, THAT WOULD MAKE A REALLY EASY KEYBOARD

we also need a negative health granter, which would be EXTREMELY EASY TO CODE (LIKE IRL IN GIMKIT), all they have to do is change the range of the health granter and it will auto increment negatively

5 Likes

like what if it was combined with notifications and made shorter and moreā€¦ well portable for the player

All you have to do for notifications is to change the enter trigger to a notification. Shorter is just how itā€™s made, and itā€™s very in detail, so shortening it would just worsen it. Also, portable keyboards are a nightmare to type on. You have to press next like 20 times just for one letter. This is a great ideal! But I canā€™t think of a good way for this to work. The keyboard system can already be opened from anywhere, though, for portability.