In-game Chat System: A guide by Dayy (Difficulty:🟧)

Welcome to the forum, @Cozy_Coding08! Check out the beginner-must-read and forum-tips for more easy help! Read to Community Guidelines for a gist of the rules. If you ever run into a hard problem, talk to anyone who has the word “Regular” next to their profile name. They can help you with hard and in-depth concepts and mechanics!

2 Likes

I made this, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Can anybody help?

@PotionMaster , Me too

Have you checked all the wires? I would start there.

dont i know you from somewhere? @TiaBen

I have an issue
The chat won’t show to other people like if I chat to someone hey don’t see it!

Make sure you’re using the add activity feed for everyone block, not the add activity feed for triggering player block.

2 Likes

i think they have to be in fullscreen

Welcome back mate! You helped me with my voting system.

I tried making this, but it didn’t work……has anybody been able to make this or is it just because it’s super hard

Dayy does a nice job of explaining it, but he misses a crucial step. Most experienced people have been able to see past it and fill the gaps, but this can be confusing for others.

2 Likes

He misses this step: set the first screen of the chat to receive on message chat
(When you press the button)

2 Likes

chat bump

2 Likes

If your message isn’t showing, you might have to set your screen size to 80%. Just press “Ctrl” + “-” twice.

2 Likes

Shortly after making this guide, I made a faster, easier way to make this that uses slightly more memory but you can chat while moving and have messages that only show to your team. If you want, I can work on a guide for this. The benefit of this new system is that if you are trying to capture a flag or knockout the enemy, you can run while chatting instead of being locked in place.

5 Likes

Sure! That would nice.

That would be interesting!

I haven’t I’m just too cool :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I am stuck, can you make a step-by-step video to guide me? all that’s there is the button but nothing happens when I click it.

What do you need help on?