Implementing Lore

So, I’m trying to add lore into my game.

The premise is, this guy named “The Owner” is supposed to be a mysterious off camera guy who founded a museum for a purpose I’m not sure of yet. (That’s why I’m here) what are some ways that I could implement lore into this game that won’t be obvious unless you’re looking for it?

You could have obscure computers or papers laying around that you can read documents from.
Also you can have a room only accessible with a certain keycard that is really hard to find.

2 Likes

you mean kinda like One Way Out?

1 Like

How about you find a etching behind a column, maybe cryptic messages hidden in murals, secret rooms behind exhibits, etc, etc.

1 Like

Purpose: To hide the enchanted curse of the mummy king. Anubis’s orb is an ancient artifact of legends that “The Owner” found and used it to trap an evil pharaoh turned mummy king but you accidentally steal it and unleash the curse.

3 Likes

Even without One Way Out. Look at FNaF (Papers on walls or in bags), Poppy Playtime (VHS Tapes and Papers), and Bendy and the Ink Machine (Tapes). They all use papers, hidden rooms, tapes, computers. It is THE way to hide lore

I am a BIG indie horror fan, if you couldn’t tell

3 Likes

These are all good ideas I could not have thought of myself, thanks

1 Like

To do these papers, set up an invisible button underneath the prop and connect it to the popup device.

#guide plug in

Isn’t that what I just said?

Nevermind. (annoying limit)

yeah i just gave a guide. Shows:

Make “the owner” have a background with place

1 Like

It’s not hard to make a readable note, most people (including me)can figure it out without a guide, but thanks for trying to help

I agree, it is very simple. Was just trying to help.

1 Like

what do you mean by that?

Make the Owner have some kind of history with the place, like he/she was there before and had made great memories in the place

1 Like

hallo black_cat :3
anyways for the lore part there are a couple guides about the style of the lore/ or guidelines for lore check them out first then come back see if any of them helps ya with your problem

1 Like

It could be a National Tresure type thing where the meuseum houses a tresure or somthing.

2 Likes