I need help with the game snake

How’s movement going to be? I have 2 ideas, but do you have an idea yet?

Not well I started but It didn’t work

Oh, ok. Here’s my ideas:

• You could have the Gim sit in one area in the middle of the map with trigger surrounding it. Those triggers would move the snake around. This is the laggier, harder way
  • You could have a coordinate plane with zones move the snake when the Gim does. I suggest using this one, but it will be tedious.

Can I have a picture on how it would look?

which one?

I believe this guide has that?

The first one

with the trigger.

yeah something like that

im trying to find a gif that helps a lot but i cant seem to find it

2 Likes

@wingwave did you find it

nope still lookin

I’l be off till like 7:00 so tell me when you find it.

1 Like

@wingwave did you find anything.

Do you have any familiarity with coding languages? (Outside of gimkit). You’ll have to create a syntax to simulate arrays.

Be patient.

1 Like

Not much maybe some Python ands some scratch.

So you know how to make snake in one of those? If so you should be good. I can give you a few ideas for the display

What is

one of those?

Can you explain. also I only have the moving set up basically

By one of those i meant do you have the ability to make snake in of the programs listed above

Not at all.

Sadly I just started Python

No its fine. Learning code is awesome. Personally i do frontend web development stuff (html, css, and javascript and I am still very beginning in those)

I would suggest watching tutorials to understand how to code the mechanics behind the game before making it in gimkit. It seems pretty simple and straightforward until you try to tackle creating certain systems, namely ending the game when you run into yourself or having kinks in the snakes tail where you turn.