I need help with my bedwars-type game

So I was thinking of making a bed wars type game where you have to destroy an object in order for the game to end. how can I configure that to correspond with each team (like your team cannot destroy it but the other team can)

4 Likes

As far as I know (without block wizardry) it’s impossible.

1 Like

Alright. I’ve decided to come out with an alternative idea. So, I’m going to implement the capture the flag feature. How can I associate flags with each team?

1 Like

Here is how to do it.

All Wires are

Make sure that

1. Damage is enabled on the beds
  2. Only red team can spawn in the left zone and vice versa
  3. The barriers are invisible
6 Likes

This is such a lifesaver! So, I just want to clarify that if the player enters the barrier zone, they can put damage to the beds and people on the same team cannot put damage to it? (sorry this is my first time using this lol)

1 Like

And is there any way to edit the strength of weapons too and also is there a way to purchase walls?

2 Likes

The barriers will prevent any damage to the bed.

1 Like

Sadly, there is no way to edit the damage of weapons. You can select the rarity though. As for the walls you can build this. Make sure the barrier is not visible on the game start.

1 Like

@williamn Read through this guide, should help you.
How to add purchasable walls/barriers. (Difficulty: :green_square:) - Community Made Guides - Gimkit Creative

Thank you guys so much! I’m gonna continue to work on this and I’ll ask more questions if I have any. Thanks so much!!

2 Likes

One of my friends used an item spawner as the counterpart for the iron spawner in Minecraft and others in the center for emerald spawners.

That’s such a great idea but I need to implement the questioner because it’s a school assignment :sob: but this program is actually really interesting

2 Likes

You could make it so you need energy to move and answer questions for energy.

1 Like

Make it so you have a questioner at each base where you can answer questions for iron

That is the plan right now

1 Like

Little issue I encountered while testing. Players from the same team can destroy their own bed. Is there some way I can disable this?

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure if this is true but I think there’s a setting in the thing that allows you to let only specific teams destroy the bed. Alternatively, add a barrier around the bed that only allows the other team to enter and therefore destroy the bed.

No you cannot have certain teams damage certain props without some device or block wizardry I don’t know.

Edit: it’s their fault if they break it lol

Won’t work if there’s more than 2 teams.