I need help with flashing lights

So, I’m making a game where you are in a tower, There is a bright white barrier that makes the background white. But what I want is that every 5 seconds the lights go completely off and there is an instant black barrier put in front of the white barrier to make it look like it’s dark. but I want it to stay dark for 5 seconds before turning back to white. I want this to happen repeatedly, how do I do this?

2 Likes

How to Make Flashing Lights | Difficulty 2/10 or :green_square:
sub the repeater for a trigger loop
A Guide to the Various Types of Loops
Search before u post

7 Likes

I understand the guide but I want it to be 5 seconds separated!

Change the delay, and instead of a tag zone, use a barrier.

Hehe, 2 sigmas Σ

3 Likes

You don’t have to say things that aren’t true…
If you really understood the guide, then you would know that you could just set the delays to 5 seconds instead of 0.5.

2 Likes

its easy, just connect a lifecycle to two repeaters and put it a the time you want and make them repeat by switching the barrier (with no collision) on and of repeating

its like making blinking lasers

Please Never Use Repeaters (and a guide on looping)
read this and your mind will explode

3 Likes

Also, you use a repeater, or a trigger for a better option. The guides above me do a way better job explaining.

1 Like

uhhhh, get 2 triggers, make each of them broadcast on a different channel (like a and b), make both of them be triggered by each other’s message, get a lifecycle and wire it to a relay that relays to everyone, and it will broadcast on channel a or b. a and b control the lights. A should turn them on, and B should turn them off. Just make the
black barrier turn on at b and off at a.
(I’m bad at explaining sorry)

1 Like

You guys don’t gotta post anymore. There’s like 5 different solutions.
edit: @Banana1 no. stop.

3 Likes