I need help with creating a save file for my players

What do you mean?

We’re trying to figure out why it’s giving me a random code before doing anything further. I have used multiple block codes and matched them exactly like I was given, yet I get a different save code each time when stepping on the trigger multiple times without updating a property.

It should work. The property is updated by the level counter, which increments multiple counters with the same channel, and the counters update their seperate N properties, which make up the save code. I just need 3 counters and 4 properties in order to do this.

@Here_to_help do you think it could work?

there are three other properties which contain the data. Kill’s, XP, and Levels. Anytime the property i updated, it sends a message on a channel that updates a property called save code. The block code I used for getting the save code is the issue. Here’s how it works; It get’s the data from the property Save file and puts it into a ten digit code. This uses 10 “N” properties. It’s seperates the data into the N properties that make up the code. Though for some reason, it gives me a random code, and not the actual save code. Does anybody understand this? Please help me. The thing I quoted is me trying to figure out the random code thing with properties and counters instead of using the level system directly.

I used a different guide for the level system. Just for referencing, here’s the level system I used.

Btw read the reply above this one for the explanation. @WolfTechnology , do you think you can help? I’ve been trying to get this done for 13 days. I just want to release an update. :slightly_frowning_face:

That, is just weird. Why would it give you a random code? And i can try, but i’m not the best at code.

I’m confused too… have read the reply above yet? I tried my best to simplify how it works.

1 Like

Here it is. The most knowledge you can get so far.

i did, but it makes no sense on why it would do that. Have you check it over on how it leads up to the making of that code? Like the functions? The only person that would understand this is @Blackhole927 or @Shdwy.

Yeah, sorry. I thought you could help bc of the fact of you being a regular. sorry for assuming. Also I have been trying to get to regular for months. ‘sigh’. I’ll get my chance someday.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry, im more the art map guy, not the code person. Like I understand a decent amount of stuff from gimkit like the devices, but not super complex functions. But your good. and you will get it, just continue to work for it and it will come.

1 Like

I gtg. I’ll be back on later. Maybe I’ll be on next period, I’m not sure.

1 Like

@Blackhole927, do you think this could work?

Just try it. Thats the best option. And if it does work then its easier for you too fix too cause you understand it.

1 Like

You only need to update the save code when the game ends…

Did you recently get regular? Congrats!

1 Like

How do you trigger a trigger on game start? Also how do you set a notification when the game ends?

For the game start, use a lifecycle for game start. For the the game end, use the channel that you use for your end game device.

what if the game can only end when the host ends the game?