I... broke AUO?

Not really. It just doesn’t cover everything we’ve learned to AUO. It doesn’t say anything wrong, unless something has been changed.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Gimkit can’t handle you seeing a notification while spectating. I don’t think spectators are able to see notifications.

Does the notification go away the second you become spectator?

2 Likes

Yes, it goes away. But it shouldn’t be sending it to be in the first place, right? That’s how AUO works, right?

2 Likes

It SHOULD work like that, from what we know. I don’t know why the code would reverse it, or maybe certain devices have a built-in priority?

2 Likes

So if you make a new example of this, does it produce the same results?
I have a couple theories that are completely unfounded and without any evidence to back them up and should be taken with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

So I rebuilt the system and deleted the same thing. I set up the team switcher before even placing the notification, yet I’m still getting the notification.

2 Likes

So I’m assuming the lifecycle in question is sending the signal on game start, and the notification is just a general notif not sending on the behalf of anything, correct? So what happens if you use a button instead, for example?

if you want it to sent a notif after, just add a wire repeater between the notif and lifecycle

It’s not affecting everything. I purposely tried to mess up the system. I don’t actually need this fixed, I just wanna know what’s going on.

2 Likes

What do you mean by “on the behalf of”? And would the button switch teams and send the notif for me?

Like, who it’s reacting for, like if you trigger a trigger and it respawns you because you triggered it (i think that’s what he’s meaning). It’s not going through a relay, so the lifecycle is occurring of itself. Nothing is triggering it.

For example, if you press a button to activate a barrier on the player side only, it will turn on the barrier on the behalf of the player triggering it. If you connect the button to a relay to everyone, it will activate the barrier for everyone, and send the signal to activate the barrier on the behalf of everyone.

2 Likes

I feel like spectator is bugged anyway too. For example, you can’t swap teams once your spectating. Maybe its that?

It’s set to only send to triggering player.

Well, I’m not trying to switch teams or anything. And the only thing in the system that has to do with teams is the switcher. So I don’t think so.

1 Like

One of my theories is that it starts to switch your team but sends the notif so quickly after, and since switching your team has you go through an entire screen effect, it looks like on your side that the notif sends first.

Another potential theory is that it could just be plain old lag.

1 Like

I’m saying spectating feels like all devices don’t work on you anymore.

Maybe it’s just me lol

Yeah, I’ve thought about it just being lag and sending it while still in the process of switching. I’m just wondering if there’s any other, more interesting explanation.

1 Like

just sayin. (also hi, why a 20 character min limit :frowning: )

1 Like

20 character limit is to stop people from spamming. You can kinda counter that though by enclosing characters in these brackets <>

1 Like