How Would You Make An IO Game, if Possible?

basically per team used will be one of them.

Yes I know I should compress code but blah blah blah

1 Like

Do you specifically want to create paper io? I feel like most io games are pretty different from each other, so it depends on what game you are trying to re-create.

1 Like

sorry to say it did nothing. :frowning: :cry: :sob:

1 Like

prob cause you donā€™t have the trail set up lol- or the other peopel- thatā€™s why I didnā€™t want to test it cause it would be a pain.

1 Like

oh well a trail like this

1 Like

yea

oh well thatā€™s soooooooooo easy =D

My trail
Screenshot 2024-10-08 7.40.53 PM

1 Like

Hmm they delete after a bit?
Screenshot 2024-10-08 7.41.25 PM
THE SHDOWS
Screenshot 2024-10-08 7.44.15 PM

And it slows down your game. A more complex, yet effective way would probably be an emoji grid. It already os connected to code and properties and coordinates. However, that guide would be a Blackhole guide, and you need a separate guide to be able to make a blackhole guide, soooā€¦

1 Like

The main problem with making paper io is detecting when someone hits your trail, as well as detecting when territory is captured.

4 Likes

maybe you put triggers all around the map and if you trigger the trigger a square pops up, and it checks you for a seed which represents your color, using emojis/text as barriers have a limit

it wonā€™t be able to detect big things and you must painfully fill in one by one but if youā€™re ok with that then this might be a good option.

but then yeah sirwywy pointed out above

I like that idea!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been off so I gotta look at all the replies

Ok. Just and idea.

(I donā€™t know why Iā€™m making this sound big)

When the player is in their territory, not outside and trying to get more land, a tag zone is deactivated. But when the player is trying to get more land, the tag zone(s) follow the trail and activate.

This might work I think

1 Like

The problem would be servers and hosting, meaning using external sources like my idea with the AI and the website.

Yeah. But it could also be like one game per some amount of people. I donā€™t know though

Could you make something where if another game with the io game is going on, a text box could show the code for you to play on?

The AI would automatically start the game and post the link to the website with the availability to j0in at any time, mimicking actual servers, though they would time when the server did. This is why the process constantly repeats with multiple servers (running alternate accounts) being accessed. Also, you could post the website link in the description to the actual game, which could be played at any time. All in all, this could be a great new feature for online servers!

(To answer your question, the text, yes, so you might have to reload unless there is a special, one-way text box that updates in real-timeā€¦)

1 Like

The only thing is how would the AI make the servers? I was thinking I would open another game with the maps and people could come on.

1 Like