How Would You Make An IO Game, if Possible?

If you know what paper io is, then you will understand this. How could you make a game like paper io in gimkit? Can you? My instinct is no.

2 Likes

I mean, this will probably be possible, but it would probably be very memory consuming, and I would go against the idea of making one myself.

Yeah that is what I was thinking. But also, if you could (Like if you had infinite memory), I wonder how you could make some mechanics from it.

Maybe try trails? Io games would be possible. Paper io? Maybea blocky-emoji grid trail that updates in the direction you are going? That would be very hard…

I was thinking something where there are barriers and then stepping on them changed them to your side.

1 Like

How would you make like tails though?

What does .IO mean again?

What do you mean by that?

Put a property for EACH coordinate. Set the number to 1 for team 1 has it. 2 for team 2. 3 for team 3, etc.

1 Like

Good idea! But how would you make like the blocks appear for you?

what about using player cordnates device

You would but it would update the properties. Also I don’t know what IO means

okay then put update propties=no

Yeah that could work.

some people have already made io games (actually) like ire. they aren’t exact replicas though. but this is very possible depending on which io game

Code would be needed, but maybe get the coordinates of each player, and it would “show” an emoji on an emoji grid. A large amount of text, with square emojis like a disco-floor-thing, but it follows the player until it receives a message. If it collides with an unestablished/unfinished line, it hides all the text/emoji square and “KOs” the player, and if it touches established property from the same player, it turns the line and all the space within into established player property. Each player starts out with a 5x5 circle.

IO games, at the least, need 1 server. Servers allow you to join any time. For that, you’d need to post a code in a game (not allowed) and be able to stay on the game to keep the game alive. And you can’t just AFK infinitely. Even if you’re up 24/7, the server life notification will tell you that it will terminate itself soon. It just isn’t possible. This is online, too, not local.

1 Like

well hmm discovery has a server right.

What are you saying…?

well if your saying an io game needs a server and maybe we can try to use discoverys server