How Would You Make An IO Game, if Possible?

I’m not talking about game creating. IO servers are up anytime. Soon Gimkit games won’t be able to sustain itself, and besides, anytime you try to click on the game, you automatically make a new one instead of joining. I wish you could play a live game. (Chats would come later, though, after they sort out censors.)

1 Like

well what we break the game past the life time server warning and might break it completely could lag maybe to just pass it.

I need grammar and more details…
@Blackhole927, could this be a Devices and clay-institute topic?

3 Likes

Sorry. I’m horrible at grammar sorry but I’m guessing with all the bugs coming up here and we could try them to break and pass the server life time warning and could try to see if the life time warning only works in the border of the map so with teleporters and bugs we could try to bypass the border or use bugs to bypass the warning with LAG

Bypass the border? That could be another clay institute concept… I’m pretty sure that lag won’t save us…

1 Like

Not clay institute, maybe devices.

1 Like

Could we do research?
(Looking at a devices tag is satisfying, mainly because we have nerd talks about what to use and compressing stuff…)

teleporters u know how when there’s a block with’in a 1 block you can go on the other side

You’re saying that if we block off everything except at the border, we bug clip into it? Hmmm…

2 Likes

Maybe a complex web of IOs could be created. A trigger clock counts down the time, and if it does the calculation of some time left, about half an hour, it kicks all players. Then, a new game is automatically created and started by an AI. All would have multiple servers, in case one is full. There could also be a stationary version, one that can be played at any time as a normal game.

I think I know how to bypass the border! NVM more research look what i’m donig
Screenshot 2024-10-08 5.57.26 PM
moving them
Screenshot 2024-10-08 5.57.49 PM
behind the border
Screenshot 2024-10-08 5.58.10 PM

1 Like

This is exactly what IOs are. We can’t recreate it, because of 2 things: AI and multiple servers. We’ve discussed AI. Multiple servers are possible, but we need every new code created almost instantly, and we’d need a home lobby to allow players to join those servers. It’s sad, but true. We can’t recreate IO games just yet.

2 Likes

Aside from that fact i see an io game as a simple minigame based around simple concepts for example hole io
Where you are literally a hole eating up stuff to get bigger so to create something like that (of which solo is the only mode that seems rather easy in gkc moving pseudo positions is a whole other story) so while servers are not possible solo mode and randomized pseudo movement are (not like just randomized numbers it actually has to modify its own coordinates to move)

4 Likes

Could work but didn’t hm

Then again, who said external sources couldn’t be used? Until this is possible in Gimkit, A method could be used:

(I found this thing on Nolt about Hubs, server-things, but don’t remember the serial number of the post, the poster, and don’t want to look for it right now)

Create an AI like ARIA [1] that uses puppeteer or Selenium to use a Gimkit account, and automatically gives game links it to a website (free, like Wix or google sites) and starts the game as a spectator.

The AI would then generate multiple on different accounts.

1. Joined Unity Project, Isn’t Out Yet, Slowed Because Unit_72 Got Banned And Is Taking A Break ↩︎

3 Likes

We could use mods like Gimhook…
I don’t know, someone really needs to make an IO plugin or smth like that

3 Likes

ya if we used mods it’s pretty much cheating

2 Likes

We need Cassius with us right now… they know how mods work… they had a whole thing about texture packs

Only coders ik are
Bh, wendover, lazy squid, hexy, and barrett (even tho i never really interacted with him cuz apparently he’s got bad blood going on in the gk mod community or atleast i think)

Not really. We’d still need to figure out stuff, and like qmark said, who said external sources couldn’t be used? Wingwave once said something about not being able to copy Blockly code into Gimkit (In the question about annoying things topic).