How would i make a overlay button that you can press and your location is shared with the whole game?

I have an overlay button set up, but it refuses to share location.

I need it to turn off after 10 seconds.

Im trying to make a feature where you can call for help in my game.

1 Like

Use channels to connect to a waypoint.

To make it turn off after 10 seconds, try a delay device.

1 Like

Deleted by me (I forgot about a waypoint setting rip…)
California_Love is correct.

1 Like

You can waypoint every player in the game. Just make it so when the game overlay is pressed, it activates all of the waypoints…

2 Likes

Yeah, what @California_Love said should work, @Bookwyrm703. If not, tell me and I’ll try to figure out something that’ll work.

Welcome to the forums @Bookwyrm703

How was the fall?

Check out these guidelines!

Also check out Community Made Guides!

In the words of the great Sun Tzu: “Gimkit is one of the most influential games of all time.” These forums are a great source of information for all things GKC. Check out some posts and help topics I’ve made, as they can be pretty useful for future references.

They j0ined 4 days ago…

1 Like

I just wanted to say hi :frowning:

Yeah, usually, I welcome them when it says
“this is the first time this user has posted” but yeah welcome anyway.

But I can’t even figure out how this would work…:thinking:

your good, i was just letting you know. Next time please just say hi, because a welcome post might confuse people.

what would? The topic?

Yeah, I’ll do that next time.

Yeah.

well what i can think of is that you would just have to have waypoints for every player, so like a limit and then have then activate from players with a certain item or team. That being triggered by a button, but 'im not exactly sure what you use channels or wires.

Hm. The button part is the problem, I guess. Unless it isn’t going to be done manually…

to have it done not maunally you would nee to have a starting function, though what would it be?

Well, I’m beat on that one. The game overlay is clicked and it activates an individual player’s location using a waypoint. The player would have to stand somewhere with a waypoint linked to it. (Trigger or button). It seems like the best way to do it…

Game overlay → waypoint should work.

2 Likes

Thanks!

thisisextratextdontreadthiswhyareyoustilllreading?

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.