Disclaimer: this does not use a keyboard

devices:

text
trigger
counter
property
checker

block code

open up block code in the text and make it activate on a channel (here I use up)
continue this for every letter of the alphabet(you will need to open a second thing)

settings

counter:

set the starting value to 1, increment on a channel(here it is up), make it not visible in game, make it update a property(here it is digit), give it a target value of 27, broadcast when it hits the target value on a channel(here it is re don’t question I was lazy), and make it reset on the same channel

trigger

have it transmit on a channel(here it is up), make it visible in game, and turn on collision

checker

have it check on a channel(here it is up), have it transmit on a channel when it passes(here it is pass), change the checks to how many digits there are(add more checkers if you exceed 5), for the check have it compare the value of your property(here it is digit) to the answer(here it is 6)

property

name it(here it is digit) and set it to number
also make the default 1

text

default just block code and make it large

in this gif I had a barrier deactivate on pass feel free to make whatever you want to happen
Screen recording 2024-04-01 10.43.55 AM.webm [video-to-gif output image]

don’t question the amount of guides I have in drafts don’t

11 Likes

nice, kinda similar to my modified questioner guide!

2 Likes

This is a good guide!
I can’t imagine how you managed to come up with this!
I give you the :bear: CALIFORNIA APPROVAL :bear: !!

2 Likes

thanks
mainly it was a modified digit code

pretty good thats a 5 start from me

cool stufff!

Why are there checkers?

To check what value the letter has. F is the sixth letter and the checker checks for a 6 on a property. Hence you need the checker.

1 Like

But doesn’t the block code already do that?
(sorry I feel dumb right now)

Block code costs a lot more memory

2 Likes

That’s just what the code is using to display the correct text.

2 Likes

Yeah, umm, I tried to do all 26 letters in the block code of the text but got to the block limit at like the 16th letter

2 Likes

Yeah. There needs to be more space in blocks.

only use block code if the other option uses 500+ memory

1 Like

Can’t you just make questions that are typeable? or is this something other than answering questions?

So far there is not mechanic of being able to type in game other than a keyboard or what foxy came up with

the problem with questionnaires is in published games players can’t use yours

ok, thanks for the reply at least