How to Psuedo Tag?

I know it just gave me an idea and someone already posted a help topic for this

Tags are used for searching, not showing what the topic is about. I don’t think anyone is going to search for “pseudo”. It’s too broad.

4 Likes

Nah the system itself is fine (i think)
I was having trouble tuning it for a different purpose if i remember
It requires slight changes depending on the purposes you want it to do debugging it is a pain so yeh

I know, but I want it to be the same team, and my tiny brain can’t comprehend the idea of changing a section of the code :frowning:

I can help tomorrow if not
Heretohelp can unsurprisingly help ya
Before i do

2 Likes

Also that reminds me i had a problem just like this i had to get 1 person to be able to tag another person on the same team almost like an imposter
I just used a player scoped property and set it to one for that player if i remember

And the team switching after they tagged the player that didnt have the property set true was a pain yes but i managed to get it to work

1 Like

I’m lazy, why don’t we use tag zones instead?

Just in case this gets a bit long

Ok, so let’s make this a FFA map. Now, grant that killer an useless item, say for example a banana. Nobody else should have a banana.
Next, we’re gonna set up some tag zones. A lot of them. You’ll need one for each player, so if this can go up to ten players, then you’ll need 10 zones. They each need to have a separate team that tags others, and all of them need to be active at once. Set respawning by default to off.
Now, we’re gonna make the actual system. Wire the tag zones so that when a player tags another, wire to a checker that checks if a player has a banana amount equal to zero. Wire the checker to a counter so that when the check passes → increment counter. The counter should be player, not global. Team would also technically work. Now, go back to that tag zone, so that when player gets tagged → run check. This will be a different checker, and it checks if a property is equal to 1. That property is updated by the first counter. If the check passes, then run another check to see if a player has a blue keycard. If yes, then start the 45 second time that is supposed to happen, and give the player another random item, say a blue keycard. If the second check fails, then check if the player has a blue keycard. Do not repeat with the same checker used above. You can just copy it. If the check passes, then they are revived! If it fails, nothing happens! The problem is solved!

This should work, but I did not test anything and made it all up on the spot. If you need clarification, ask. Also, this is not memory efficient by any means, by I think it should use less memory then a coordinates device.

Because you can’t tag people on the same team :(

You can with the system I posted above. Trust the process, and read the post.

WOo boi o.o
Thats a lot
Not in the reading mood but im gonna assume that tag zone uses properties and respawn devices to be able to tag the same team

Kinda. But it is a lot, so good luck to whoever is going to read it. Again, this might use more memory and a lot more brainpower then a coordinate device, so you just might want to listen to @Kosm0-o

1 Like

Lemme see if i can grab the tuned blocks from that class set up i made
Edit: nvm loading screen wont go away on mobile ._.

Create a property that contains the “villain” coordinates and one that contains the player’s coordinates. The villain’s coordinates property is global scope while the player one is player scope. And for a 3rd property, make it team scoped. This will track the nearest player on your team.
At the start of the game, grant the villain a useless item.
Use the distance formula to calculate if the absolute value of the villain’s coordinates is 0.5 or less blocks from the player’s coordinates. If this is true then freeze the player.
Then, have a trigger loop that triggers for only the non-villain team using relays. In one of the triggers,

i had a brain fart all of a sudden so wait a few minutes

I’m sorry this would take me like an eternity to write, but unfortunately, I don’t need psuedo tagging for the villain, just for the reviving.

3 Likes

Tags, on most forums, are not just used for searching, they’re also used for mini-categorization, like a topic. You wouldn’t make a pseudo category, you would make a guides category and make a pseudo tag, meaning a lot of tags would be valid.

1 Like

Well, on this forum, we’ve decided that tags are only for searching and that any other categorization goes in the title.

5 Likes

Inventory item manager for the villain so they can’t pick it up?

1 Like

oki i grabbed the modified blocks
(the last one is a separate trigger than the one that actually tags the other team btw)

screenshots

Screenshot 2024-10-09 7.54.29 AM

2 Likes

you could make it so they are on different teams before getting tagged and then after getting tagged switch their teams to be the same

I’ve actually have done this before, there is a simpler way. check the answer here: Revive Help