How to Organize Your Devices

Once you get the general gist of using devices in Gimkit Creative, you’ll find that your map might become very messy. Whether there are wires everywhere or you can’t troubleshoot since you don’t know where a certain device is, having a messy map can be very frustrating. This short guide will offer tips for having a more organized map.

1: Keep Your Devices in One Place
It can be annoying having to run to the opposite side of the map in order to fix another device. This is a solution to that. Now, when you need to check another device, all you have to do is walk a few steps.

2: Group Devices That Are Apart of a Mechanic Together
Following up on number one, your devices are in one place but now there’s a little problem. You just can’t find this one trigger through all the other triggers burying it. Well, there’s a simple solution. Group the triggers that are used for the block code in one area and the triggers used for a time delay in another area. You can even use text that isn’t active when the game starts to label the groups!

3: Label Individual Devices
Did you know you can rename devices? All you have to do is open the device’s editing menu and click on its name at the top left. It’s that simple! This trick is especially useful if you have multiple triggers for block code. Now, you don’t have to look at the blocks to differentiate each trigger!

Welp, that’s all. I hope these simple tips are useful to you!

How was this guide?
  • Very Helpful
  • Helpful
  • Ok
  • Unhelpful
  • IT SUCKS(You are signing a contract that allows me to know your location)

0 voters

16 Likes

Great guide, this is very useful!

1 Like

Agreed!

lol kyro

1 Like

Good ideas! I should use more text…

Do you know how many more replies you get on your second day?

You get unlimited posts and replies

2 Likes

I just use text objects for block code, they have the ability to display what their doing too

2 Likes

@NavyCatZ navycatz_rate your own post

ps. kyro said it sucks and i didn’t know you could rename it thanks for telling me

1 Like

This is great! I mostly put devices out of walls so they don’t become messy/ put lifecycles with other ones and so on.

I can rate this post similar to the AI

was a joke and a test to see if u can change ur answers in polls since i haven’t used many b4

1 Like

Mhm… A joke…
You just don’t want the dragon coming after you.

5 Likes

was the funniest option so i picked it, idk what else to say :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Plot twist: Kyro wanted to invite me over so they signed a contract that allows me to know their location

12 Likes

ha! would like but out

2 Likes

I already did #2, but I didn’t know you could rename devices! I will like this in 22 hours (when I get more)

2 Likes

as a creative expert, i did not know you could rename devices. Okay @Blackhole927 is more better experty then me, but who cares

1 Like

Wait you can rename devices?

2 Likes

I KNOW RIGHT

Hippity Hoppity, someone did a bumpity!