How to make ui/menu (not recommended for beginners)

after (a very long time) I have finally managed to make very cool thing (that I think hasn’t been done before(or at least hasn’t had a guide made on this))
so uh here’s the steps
(important info will be bolded)

Finished product (with extra stuff from part 2)

Materials

You need the following devices/props
(note that the total items will be more due to the fact you will copy and paste to save time)
1 Sentry
1 Camera point
1 Barrier
2 Speed modifiers thingy’s I forgot the name
2 Item granters
1 Item manager
1 Teleporter
2 basketballs (you’ll see why)

Part 1: required functions

firstly we want to place a teleporter and change its settings to teleport to it when receiving on channel of your choice but for this guide ill use (channel 1)
Snag_16dbfe79

now we want to place the speed thingy and change its settings to this (make sure to use the channel you’re using for (channel 1))

now place the camera point to a spot a good distance from the teleporter and place the barrier below it resizing to your needs

now copy the barriers until you have your desired amount of ui/buttons (MAKE SURE TO KEEP THE BARRIERS FROM BLOCKING OTHER BARRIERS COMPEARED TO THE TELEPORTER)

double check that the camera point and barriers are a good distance from the teleporter

now change the settings of the camera point to activate on (channel 1) and deactivate on a second channel but I’ll be using (channel 2) for this guide

now place a sentry and rename it (following images are for if you don’t know how) (I’ll call this sentry start sentry)

now change the sentry’s settings as follows

Snag_16f298ca
Snag_16f2cdb5

now move the sentry in-between a barrier and the teleporter

now copy and paste the sentry until it matches the amount or barriers and rename it (ill call the new one settings sentry) (make sure the new sentries are also following the previous step but with different barriers)

now place an item granter and change so that it grants 1 item of your choice that isn’t currently important to your creation (ill be using blueberries)

after that wire it to a sentry (MAKE SURE YOU REMEBER THE SENTRY YOU WIRE IT TO)

now repeat the previous 2 steps for all your other sentries (don’t use the same item for 2 sentries) (I’m also using dynamic sand for the second sentry)

now place an item manager and change its settings as required (this part requires some big brain skills)
Snag_170b52af
Snag_170bb1f5

create a block in the item manager
Snag_170dfa30

change the block code to the following (make sure you change the second channel to something different)

rinse and repeat until you have one for each sentry/item group (MAKE SURE YOU MAKE THE SECOND CHANNEL TO A DIFFRENT ONE EACH TIME)

put the basketballs onto the sentries and make sure it covers the area on the bottom of the head/torso in-between the legs as shown here

now copy and paste a barrier and stretch it so that it blocks the ui/menu area behind of the sentries

place a item granter and make its settings like this (the gadget must have at least 1 pew pew)

copy and paste the item granter and make its settings this (the gadget has to be the same)

finally place another speed thingy and make it these settings

Part 2: the extra stuff that isn't so important

this part will be shorter but is not crucial to the functions of the ui/menu

you can add a small area for before the menu with a spawn pad and a button like this

another thing you can do is use camera zones to stop the players from seeing unwanted stuff

you probably should use text devices for the buttons

also I’m not including pictures for this section because it would take WAY too long

also you can use teleporters to teleport the player to areas when receiving on the channels used in the blocks

How it works

once receiving on (channel 1) the player gets their speed set to 0, get teleported to the teleporter, get a common quantum portal and get their camera set to the camera point

if the player try’s to click on a “button” (a barrier) when holding the quantum portal they will hit the sentry knocking it out

this causes the player to gain an item that gets detected by the item manager causing it to activate its block code

the block code sends on (channel 2) and (a channel for the button)

now (channel 2) causes the player to lose their quantum portal, resets their inventory of the item and get their speed set to 1

but the other channel (a channel for the button) allows you to do more specific things like teleport the player to a spot or set their team to team 7

the sentries cant attack because the basketball covers their line of sight (los) origin stopping them from seeing anything and the wall stops the missed shots from entering the menu

the if statement in the block code prevents the item manager from sending on the channels twice

8 Likes

Ooooh this is super cool!

I’m not a beginner but still took me a while to understand what was going on lol

3 Likes

Very good guide! Next, make more!

1 Like